• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
It Really Was a Heat Wave II (unless it wasn't, in which case it was weak sauce)- - Obs and Disco Late June/Early July 2012

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it was me this time - ha. I made a sarcastic jest to Scott for humor's sake and it seems like some went from 0 to "must mean me" in less than 60 seconds! Hit the throttle boys - we're going on a guilt trip!!!

Tip, nobody takes you serious, I mean dude, your tee shirt....

The index finger rule about Michigan weather preceding Mass by 18 to 24 hours... I find it interesting that the heat advisories and warnings had to be extended N in the GL. Maybe the NAM is onto something with that stripe of 95+ up this way tomorrow -

The index finger rule about Michigan weather preceding Mass by 18 to 24 hours... I find it interesting that the heat advisories and warnings had to be extended N in the GL. Maybe the NAM is onto something with that stripe of 95+ up this way tomorrow -

I think you may want to warn BOX.Danger looms ahead..not far in the distance

beyond brutal down south, family in SC is not happy LOL, even the sand wont be spared, thats just KA~razy

My daughter and family used to live in Greenville, SC, now in Decatur, IL. Recent gfs runs have progged GSP topping out anywhere from 106 to 108 in this heat wave. Their all time highest is 105, in August 2007. Ugh! Oddly, DEC has similar 850 temps (up to 28-29C) but gfs tops their temps at 90-91 - must be maintaining quite the inversion out there.

I think you may want to warn BOX.Danger boobs on my bald head..not far in the distance

DPs getting into the 70s is what interests me you ninny. Grand Rapids to Flint are in the lower 70s now, so this heat coming in may not be as dry as we think. That's all.

It keeps trimming back on the 850 temps the same way it did last week. Those 100s it was popping up in SNE aren't going to happen. In the end I think the Euro 850s of 19-20C will prevail during the peak heating hours tomorrow and we'll get mostly mid 90s with maybe the normal torchy tarmacs getting around 96-97F. Either way it will be hot.

It keeps trimming back on the 850 temps the same way it did last week. Those 100s it was popping up in SNE aren't going to happen. In the end I think the Euro 850s of 19-20C will prevail during the peak heating hours tomorrow and we'll get mostly mid 90s with maybe the normal torchy tarmacs getting around 96-97F. Either way it will be hot.

yeah, makes a lot of sense. 96-97 is what they are registering upstream in the source region. It's the DPs I'm interested in..

I have noticed this, too, about the NAM getting zealous with the 850mb temperatures 60 hours out.

OKX heating things up next week after the heatwave this weekend, which it says verifies with 94/90/90 forecasted back up to 90 by next Thursday, impressive this far out, lowest high of 86 early next week.

New EC has a cold fropa next Wed for the region with a cooler day Thursday. It still looks like a series of hot shots followed by weak cold fronts to me. The EC ens are a little warmer, but have the same general idea. It is continuing to retrograde the ridge into the Rockies past d10 giving us more troughing, but in this pattern it probably only means cooldowns to near normal amidst any heat plumes that sneak in.

New EC has a cold fropa next Wed for the region with a cooler day Thursday. It still looks like. series of hot shots followed by weak cold fronts to me. The EC ens are a little warmer, but have the same general idea. It is continuing to retrograde the ridge into the Rockies past d10 giving us more troughing, but in this pattern it probably only means cooldowns to near normal amidst any heat plumes that sneak in.

What would you think BDL ends July with? +2 or greater or < than a +2?

Archived