• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
It Really Was a Heat Wave II (unless it wasn't, in which case it was weak sauce)- - Obs and Disco Late June/Early July 2012

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, we play, we have fun, we are like kids in a sandbox shoving the tractors at each other. Serious question you really think you hit heat wave criteria Fri- Sun?

I do think Friday-Sunday qualifies at BOS/BDL. PVD may get enough marine influence to escape and not going to happen at ORH.

Buy your corn and grains now.

As a met, it's pretty scary to see how this country will bake for the most part. This is bad stuff.

I've been trying to elucidate this point for days - finally! :)

I don't think folks care about areas outside of New England, though. There could be a black hole, sucking in the local space-time continuum over Kansas, ...there wouldn't be a thread about it in New England's forum in lieu of some b.s. about it being a cool summer in the face one 2 week period in June where it got lucky cool.

that's unbelievable. it's like beating a dead horse with the temp talk i guess, but each day i check on some of those spots and i just can't fathom those numbers for days on end. looks like PHX.

thankfully their dewpoints are only in the 40s and 50s right now.

St Hell, Missouri -

I don't think folks care about areas outside of New England. There could be a black hole, sucking in the local space-time continuum over Kansas, ...there wouldn't be a thread about it in New England's forum in lieu of some b.s. about it being a cool summer in the face one 2 week period in June where it got lucky cool.

Believe it or not, it effects aviation which is what I care about. Hot temps mean faster take off speeds and less weight on planes. STL for example is a big hub. DEN heat also means light loads on aircraft when heat and altitude are combined.

I don't think folks care about areas outside of New England. There could be a black hole, sucking in the local space-time continuum over Kansas, ...there wouldn't be a thread about it in New England's forum in lieu of some b.s. about it being a cool summer in the face one 2 week period in June where it got lucky cool.

2 weeks LOL

Believe it or not, it effects aviation which is what I care about. Hot temps mean faster take off speeds and less weight on planes. STL for example is a big hub. DEN heat also means light loads on aircraft when heat and altitude are combined.

Yeah, I have a buddy at work, working toward his pilot's license. he was complaining the other day because it costs him so much in fuel to take off on hot days. Also, he has to fly his Cessna pretty quick to get the same lift as he does in the winter.

2 weeks LOL

2 weeks very cold + 2 weeks a little above normal

hello -

aside from fact that most of the SNE in that time range you selected averages out slightly above...it was only eastern sectrion that were negative - so if you want to make a countering point and laugh about it, make it both valid and funny

People start to care once they get bounced off a flight for weight restrictions.

Yeah, I have a buddy at work, working toward his pilot's license. he was complaining the other day because it costs him so much in fuel to take off on hot days. Also, he has to fly his Cessna pretty quick to get the same lift as he does in the winter.

Yeah, I mean luckily I don't have to deal directly with that...it's all calculated when dispatchers make flight plans..but the heat can have an outcome on the aircraft load.

I know this is not SNE...but

MDW SA 1951 AO2A 200 SCT 9 066/100/73/2713G18/977/

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ST. LOUIS...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 106 DEGREES HAS BEEN REACHED AT

ST. LOUIS TODAY. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 104 SET IN 1952.

THIS IS ALSO A NEW ALL-TIME RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE FOR THE MONTH

OF JUNE FOR ST. LOUIS...BREAKING THE PREVIOUS RECORD OF 105 DEGREES

ON JUNE 25 1952 AND JUNE 19 1936.

IT IS POSSIBLE FOR THIS RECORD TO CHANGE THIS AFTERNOON...AS

TEMPERATURES CONTINUE TO RISE.

Archived