e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Heat Wave - June 20-23

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott do you think places like BDL and SPFD have a shot at cracking 100? I would think 850's need to be a hair warmer than modeled. Looks good for a downsloping WSW wind though. :maphot:

At least one of the days has a shot. Would think Thursday. West winds will maximize airmass.

GFS is very insistent on a seabreeze up and down the E MA coast on Thur.

in some cases making for a 10-15F difference between NAM and GFS for surface temps.

funny as it's usually the opposite.

Yeah interesting. I could buy that for Logan, but usually NAM is the one to do it. Euro is also close to seabreeze.

So. If we end up getting the 100F temps that Kevin was touting last week, while many Mets saying it wouldn't happen, will it be time to crown Kevin a true Met (sans degree)?

...Or do his predictions get the "Meh, he was just throwing out numbers to see if they'd stick" and the he got lucky response? I recall him making the bold call about stations not receiving 2" (I think that was the number) of snow after March or something like that earlier this year, and and if I recall he made the right call with that.

So. If we end up getting the 100F temps that Kevin was touting last week, while many Mets saying it wouldn't happen, will it be time to crown Kevin a true Met (sans degree)?

...Or do his predictions get the "Meh, he was just throwing out numbers to see if they'd stick" and the he got lucky response? I recall him making the bold call about stations not receiving 2" (I think that was the number) of snow after March or something like that earlier this year, and and if I recall he made the right call with that.

people only remember when he's right.

He is great in extreme patterns.

Dude..I'll never get any credit. I never do. You can already see the responses above from the clan. They stick up for each other..but never for anyone else.

Never a "Hey Kev, great job on snowfall amounts"..or "You out predicted my on air forecast kudos"..or "Terriffic call on many spots getting to or over 100 this week"

So the KFS just keeps plugging away. Issuing great forecasts and saving lives and property

Agnes made landfall 40 years ago today in Florida. Helped give a large chunk of S CT their wettest month on record. I can't say for sure but it looks like a pseudo-PRE developed while the storm was making landfall in FL over a portion of the NE in right entrance region of jet streak and just dumped on S CT/NYC with 5-9" of rain. Then 3 days later Agnes dumped 2-4" as the remnants moved west of us... obviously the worst flooding was west.

skies brightening a bit here, but still OVC, temp has risen to 69. Getting above 70 has been brutal of late...

A few breaks of blue here with a good amount of sun, but still lots of clouds around. Still BKN but at least we're heading in the right direction slowly but surely. Maybe we'll have a nice sunset.

CT's GC FTW.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 90. West wind between 3 and 11 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 69. West wind around 6 mph.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 89. Northwest wind between 6 and 9 mph.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 63. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

W Chesterfield...

Wednesday: Areas of fog before 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 92. West wind between 6 and 13 mph.

Wednesday Night: Areas of fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 67. West wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 92. Northwest wind between 5 and 11 mph.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 66. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 82.

WINNING

skies brightening a bit here, but still OVC, temp has risen to 69. Getting above 70 has been brutal of late...

actually had to put on a long sleave jacket at Oronoke this morning for a few holes when the wind was gusting. It was not nice. I guess its better than melting.

Archived