Just for fun while we sweat this summer

Avdave

IAD:

DCA:

BWI:

OKV:

RIC:

K2G4( Oakland, Garrett county, MD) :

Will keep bumping this from now thru Nov 1 2012 Then will close it.

IAD: 31

DCA: 24

BWI: 29

OKV: 34

RIC: 16

GARRETT: 104

High totals I know, mainly gonna count on one large region wide event, one medium event, a few nickle and dime events.

I don't think OKV has measured more snow than IAD or BWI for quite a few years now. Curious why everyone seems to prog more snow out here. I-81 winters appear to be a thing of the past.

IAD: 21"

DCA: 14"

BWI: 22"

OKV: 17"

RIC: 1" (screw you, richmond. haven't forgotten, or forgiven, 2011 and 2012)

K2G4: 84"

I've never seen snowfall totals reported from KOKV. Is there a place to get that info?

I know I've often found their temp reports to be a little dubious at times. I know that once last year the traffic cam at exit 310, very near the airport, had falling snow and snow on the ground while KOKV reported light rain. I feel sure that Winchester had more snow the past two seasons than IAD.

Anyway, SNO promised me an I81 winter that I'm still waiting for.

IAD: 14"

DCA: 10"

BWI: 15"

OKV: 18"

RIC: 6"

K2G4( Oakland, Garrett county, MD) : 80"

honestly, at this point I'd go slightly above average...15-20" at DCA, but there is no skill involved...there is so much spread among Ninos after Nina periods, that ENSO might have to not be weighed as heavily this winter....

IAD: 27"

DCA: 16"

BWI: 22"

OKV: 28"

RIC: 8"

K2G4( Oakland, Garrett county, MD) : 104"

I'm hugging the Nino for this winter, and hoping for a reasonable shot at some prolonged -NAO/-AO periods. But I do think that we'll contend with more changeover events than we've seen recently, and that those closer to the coast and farther south will - as normal - have a tougher time with those, which is why I think RIC could get screwed.

I've never seen snowfall totals reported from KOKV. Is there a place to get that info?

I know I've often found their temp reports to be a little dubious at times. I know that once last year the traffic cam at exit 310, very near the airport, had falling snow and snow on the ground while KOKV reported light rain. I feel sure that Winchester had more snow the past two seasons than IAD.

Anyway, SNO promised me an I81 winter that I'm still waiting for.

I don't know that I've seen official snow reports from OKV either, but weather.com does show the liquid equivalent. For snow measurements I'm basing it on my patio table. Parts of Winchester got into that anamolous LES band (I did not) which may have pushed some areas ahead of IAD this year, but it was so localized that I don't know if the airport got it. While you cashed in pretty good in October out there in the western part of the county, I-81 and points east didn't do nearly as well. I guess it's not a worthwhile argument when comparing seasonal snowfall totals in the 3-inch range.

Archived