joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Summer 2012

dryslot

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to note that every morning so far in June at our locale has yielded temps in the 40s.

The high for the month here is only 73. We look to beat that today pretty easily...

Enjoy!

Same here, except for 39 on 1st and 10th. Yesterday's 73 is June's only day 70+ IMBY, unless today makes it, which seems a bit less likely than I thought this morning. June 1-10 avg is 61/44, about 5F under my 14-yr avg.

Had persistent cloud cover for a good chunk of yesterday--sitting right over this area for some reason. Because of that, we didn't warm up as much as other locales--topped out at 74. It was quite a nice day actually: the sun wasn't too hot obviously and there was a nice southerly breeze keeping things stirred up

A bit more close feeling this morning but again, mostly cloudy.

Taking this week off from work and busy priming and painting window trim & corner boards in an effort to get ready to side the house with cedar shakes. Tired of looking at the Typar. ;)

About the same here ... 1.06" at a nearby station. Looks like a fantastic weekend coming up with highs in the 70s and low dews. My kind of summer weather.

Exactly doubled me: 0.53" here--0.03" after my post yesterday morning. ;)

Lovely morning here. Fresh northwesterly, bright blue skies and a cool 46F to start the day. Warming up now though.

:sun::sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:

Yeah its a beaut out there today... dry air, crisp blue with great views. One of the things I hate about summer (well there are a lot of things) is the way that increased humidity cuts down on visibility. I get so used to these 100 mile views from cold/dry air in the winter, that once summer rolls around and it gets humid you can't even see across town, much less over to New Hampshire. Days like today are the best because that visibility is perfect... anytime the dews climb higher than like 50-55F we lose it.

Low of 45F here this morning... already into the mid 60s though and climbing fast. I bet here in the valley we go a tick or two above forecast as this just feels like one of those days where the mountain valley here between the Worcester Range and Green Mountain Spine sees an extra degree or two push but with very low RH.

GYX has zilch for rain over the next 7 days, not even a 20% POP showing, with cool nights and warm days, slowly warming during the latter 2-3 days. Anyone who's got their vacation set for this period has picked a winner.

Had 0.57" yest, bringing June to over 5". It was also my 1st June day with minimum 50+ (was 57.) Precip ended just before noon IMBY, while it was still drizzling when I got back to AUG (had a meeting in Ashland) at 5:30. Not often when it takes 5-6 hr for the back end of precip to move 25 miles.

About the same here ... 1.06" at a nearby station. Looks like a fantastic weekend coming up with highs in the 70s and low dews. My kind of summer weather.

Nice stretch coming up Eric, You should be setting up a couple of Kayak excursions, My garden endorses this stretch of weather coming up.............. :thumbsup:

Nice stretch coming up Eric, You should be setting up a couple of Kayak excursions, My garden endorses this stretch of weather coming up.............. :thumbsup:

Absolutely. I'm going back over to NH on Saturday ... Squam Lake. Sunny skies, near 80 and light wind. Can't order up a better day I don't think. Abundant golf in your future I would guess.

Absolutely. I'm going back over to NH on Saturday ... Squam Lake. Sunny skies, near 80 and light wind. Can't order up a better day I don't think. Abundant golf in your future I would guess.

Yes, Golf Sunday and the 1st 3 days next week, Heading over to Long Lake in Naples Saturday to visit some friends over to Lakeside Pines Campgrounds, I am sure there will be an over abundance of Black flies, Deer flies and Mosquitoes upcoming as well to go with this nice stretch..

Yes, Golf Sunday and the 1st 3 days next week, Heading over to Long Lake in Naples Saturday to visit some friends over to Lakeside Pines Campgrounds, I am sure there will be an over abundance of Black flies, Deer flies and Mosquitoes upcoming as well to go with this nice stretch..

How is that place? We have thought of camping there but always end up at Sebago Lake State Park. I love that area of Maine.

Blackflies, at least the hungry ones, are just about done, except those Mattawamkeag monsters that remain bloodthirsty all summer. It's deerfly time! (Skeeters, too.)

How is that place? We have thought of camping there but always end up at Sebago Lake State Park. I love that area of Maine.

Its a nice campground, I have several friends there, Long lake gets quite busy on the weekends and its not very wide so if your boating out there you have to be careful, Sebago state park is fine as well, I have camped on the big lake for over 30 yrs, The thing with camping on long lake in Naples, There are a lot more places to go if you like to go out to dinner and have a few drinks..

Blackflies, at least the hungry ones, are just about done, except those Mattawamkeag monsters that remain bloodthirsty all summer. It's deerfly time! (Skeeters, too.)

Dragon flies help keep the Deer flies at bay, But the skeeters are brutal, Especially during the evening to dusk hours, With all the rain and standing water around there is ample breeding grounds

Dragon flies help keep the Deer flies at bay, But the skeeters are brutal, Especially during the evening to dusk hours, With all the rain and standing water around there is ample breeding grounds

While at Forestry summer camp in Washington County, we built a timber bridge for a logging road, at the peak of blackfly season. One day when they were at their absolute worst, a major formation of dragonflies arrived, hundreds of them. In ten minutes there wasn't a single blackfly around.

Unfortunately, dragonflies tend to remain close to open water, and deerflies respect no such territorial limitations. It's in the forested uplands where I've donated the most flesh and blood to those miniature T.Rexes. (Just like in "Jurassic Park", I've found that standing still makes the deerflies go away. Not an option when cruising timber, however.)

While at Forestry summer camp in Washington County, we built a timber bridge for a logging road, at the peak of blackfly season. One day when they were at their absolute worst, a major formation of dragonflies arrived, hundreds of them. In ten minutes there wasn't a single blackfly around.

Unfortunately, dragonflies tend to remain close to open water, and deerflies respect no such territorial limitations. It's in the forested uplands where I've donated the most flesh and blood to those miniature T.Rexes. (Just like in "Jurassic Park", I've found that standing still makes the deerflies go away. Not an option when cruising timber, however.)

On the back side of the golf course is where we have the deer flies, You can watch the dragon flies pick them off in mid air, The deer flies also seem to be attracted to you if you wear darker colors as well, If i wear light colored clothing and hat they seem to go after the ones wearing darker colors

Archived