Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June Banter and Non-weather Discussion

Isopycnic

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a pretty good risk in NC today. It's been pretty dead here in the SE forum since the winter.

Brick

You are at your finest right now. We just had the strongest direct tropical hit on Jacksonville in forever and it was prior to the official start of the season. There was plenty of SE participation with regard to that for several days. So, I feel you're in superweenie mode now. You are about the best I've ever seen in this forum.

I'm honestly worried you're campaigning too early for WOTY. I hope you don't peak too early and run out of money for the late year part of the campaign, which we all know is the most crucial portion.

Brick

You are at your finest right now. We just had the strongest direct tropical hit on Jacksonville in forever and it was prior to the official start of the season. There was plenty of SE participation with regard to that for several days. So, I feel you're in superweenie mode now. You are about the best I've ever seen in this forum.

I'm honestly worried you're campaigning too early for WOTY. I hope you don't peak too early and run out of money for the late year part of the campaign, which we all know is the most crucial portion.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Brick

Location, Location, Location.

If a tstorm watch goes up for half of Georgia, half of South Carolina, and one county in North Carolina, Brick will post "Watch issued in NC"

Looks like I will not see a single drop of rain from this pathetic system. Unreal. One of the biggest busts of the year for sure.

See, I'm not the only one complaining. A lot of these systems that supposedly have the potential for big storms around here have busted this spring. Most everything has been very isolated.

You haven't been getting storms for the past 20 minutes?

Not here at work. Looks like there might be one at home. That is what I mean by being isolated. We have not had many systems that have created a line of storms, just isolated ones popping up here and there.

And now the threat has shifted more northeast for this afternoon and tonight.

I had a good one last week with the hail. But I guess the outbreak last year in April spolied me. The storms this year seem very isolated in nature.

Yeah you're not going to get hail every time there's a thunderstorm...I think that tornado outbreak spoiled just about every North Carolinian for years to come. Want that kinda action, head to OK/KS/NE. Pay attention to SPC updates, as Central NC was in the 10% chance of a tornado earlier but was quickly moved out of it and NE VA/MD has been the "sweet spot" for about 48 hours. So if you look at the products, you can prepare to get shafted as far as tornadoes go ahead of time.

I was in Wake Forest from 3pm til about 11pm and I saw plenty of action. No hail, but nice clouds and heavy downpours.

Took this, kinda similar to Jeremy's photo haha:

pTRK8.jpg

Storm Total Rainfall:

Qt3uH.png

I have some sad news. My lovely and beautiful dog of 11.5 years (well closer to 12 years), is dying of very aggressive cancer and I will have to put her to sleep monday at 1pm. I knew 3 years ago it would happen because her mother died of cancer.

She's been my best friend, makes me feel better when I'm down, and she is sooooo smart and sweet. She never chased after cats (I have 5), always friendly to whoever showed up (never barked), never chased squirrels (in fact my now deceased squirral would go right up to her and she could not care less....not many dogs would not chase one, much less let one be that close lol. Now one of my cats has been sleeping next to her for a few weeks on quite a few nights/days.

Another interseting aspect is my brothers dog, who we had to adopt because he left her behind, had been in fights with her for years (which she always won...which I found amazing since she doesn't have a mean bone in her body)...now sleeps next to her and even licks her.

I know there is a smell that they know isn't good but it makes me even more convinced animals know when another is dying and they feel "sorry" for them.

So this is going to be a tough weekend/monday for me. Sometimes I think it's silly for a man in his 30s to get this emotional over a dog but I can't help it. I've always loved them since I was a child and think they are much smarter (in general) than people give them credit for. Indeed, she always knew when I was depressed and in a bad mood...laying her head in my lap or literally hugging me (she would push real hard against me while standing up). In fact, I'm a big animal person anyway.

So this is going to be a tough weekend/monday for me. Not to sound like a p**** but it's hard to hold back the tears. Especially when I think she knows she is close to the end.

I have some sad news. My lovely and beautiful dog of 11.5 years (well closer to 12 years), is dying of very aggressive cancer and I will have to put her to sleep monday at 1pm. I knew 3 years ago it would happen because her mother died of cancer.

She's been my best friend, makes me feel better when I'm down, and she is sooooo smart and sweet. She never chased after cats (I have 5), always friendly to whoever showed up (never barked), never chased squirrels (in fact my now deceased squirral would go right up to her and she could not care less....not many dogs would not chase one, much less let one be that close lol. Now one of my cats has been sleeping next to her for a few weeks on quite a few nights/days.

Another interseting aspect is my brothers dog, who we had to adopt because he left her behind, had been in fights with her for years (which she always won...which I found amazing since she doesn't have a mean bone in her body)...now sleeps next to her and even licks her.

I know there is a smell that they know isn't good but it makes me even more convinced animals know when another is dying and they feel "sorry" for them.

So this is going to be a tough weekend/monday for me. Sometimes I think it's silly for a man in his 30s to get this emotional over a dog but I can't help it. I've always loved them since I was a child and think they are much smarter (in general) than people give them credit for. Indeed, she always knew when I was depressed and in a bad mood...laying her head in my lap or literally hugging me (she would push real hard against me while standing up). In fact, I'm a big animal person anyway.

So this is going to be a tough weekend/monday for me. Not to sound like a p**** but it's hard to hold back the tears. Especially when I think she knows she is close to the end.

Sorry to hear this lookout, I know how you feel... We had to put down our weenie dog of 14 and half years and it was definitely tough to do! He was part of the family, Hang in there it's hard but it will get better after a while...

Sorry to hear that man, it will certainly be hard but you will make it. It's not silly to be upset, some of the hardest men cry their eyes out when it comes to their dog. I think with age you do not become more hardened but more sensitive, and you understand what life means to you and notice every little detail about it. I put my cat of 11 years down not too long ago, it was hard so I didn't go in the room...I regret that to this day, wish I was there to be with him in his last moment.

Show me a man who doesn't cry when he loses his dog and I'll show you a man I wouldn't want hanging around my daughters. I am facing the same thing before long. My 13 year old buddy is slowing down noticeably. He has a lot of the characteristics of your dog, with the exception of squirrels.

We had to have our family cat put to sleep two winters ago. It was tough, but in the end you know they aren't suffering anymore. Good for you doing the right thing, but it still sucks. Hang in there.

Sometimes I think it's silly for a man in his 30s to get this emotional over a dog but I can't help it. I've always loved them since I was a child and think they are much smarter (in general) than people give them credit for. Indeed,

Dude, when does a person get to old to mourn the loss of a great friend (member of your family)? I hope I never get that old and I am 45 this month.

I am sorry about your friend.

Chris....I understand exaclty how you feel. :( My best friend for almost 11 years got cancer in the only good leg he had left. He was born with the worst kind of hip dysplasia, had surgery that placed a metal rod and 22 screws in both of his back legs. He went everywhere with me, including work ( an animal clinic). He was a blood donor, newborn kitten/rabbit/puppy/etc babysitter, always knew how to give comfort when it was needed. He gave the best hugs and would just lay beside me with his head on my lap or my shoulder for hours if I would have a bad day. It was like he could read me like a book....lol He loved everyone and everything. He would let the kids crawl, fall, trip over him right up until the end and never raise his head or make a sound, even though he was in pain. One day he walked up the stairs after doing his buisness outside, got just inside the door, sat down and gave me "the look". He was tired and ready. I picked up the phone and told Val (my friend and vet) that it was time, a day and a half later she was at my house to put him to sleep. That was one of the worst days...ever...but I knew it was the right thing to do. When it was over I had to make a trip to the store just to be someplace else for just a minute, and when I got into the car and started it a song came on the radio. It was Creed's My Sacrifice. It totally made me smile threw my tears as I believe this was his way of thanking me for being his best friend and doing the right thing. :wub::hug: You both will be in my thoughts on Monday, and never doubt he loves you as much as you love him :wub:

Archived