• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2012 Obs and Discussion Thread

jburns

For those that have a SW NC connection. A 2.0 Magnitude Earthquake occurred last night 11mi SW of Sylva. Link... http://earthquake.us...062012a#summary

Very interesting. Well did not feel it but had a nive low this morning of 56 degrees. Looks after this next Monday we will cool down to below normal for most of the East coast.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently 85 and has been breezy most of the day. Crazy run from the 12z Euro today. Surprised no one in Florida has said anything about that in this region.

I have trouble getting interested in Miami weather. Then again I am not particularly interested in southern Maine weather either and it's same distance from me. :)

Ok, Mr. Burns, I am in full agreement with your being feted over making a thread that features as cool a June as I can remember in MBY, and I have been one of the first to applaud you... but you have been very lacking in your rain making abilities, lol. It is freakin' dry here in Tonytown, please see to that for which you have, thus far, been remiss. A hurricane, or tropical storm/depression/rain thrashing would be appreciated. Thanks, my fine sir, for your efforts on my behalf! T

Ok, Mr. Burns, I am in full agreement with your being feted over making a thread that features as cool a June as I can remember in MBY, and I have been one of the first to applaud you... but you have been very lacking in your rain making abilities, lol. It is freakin' dry here in Tonytown, please see to that for which you have, thus far, been remiss. A hurricane, or tropical storm/depression/rain thrashing would be appreciated. Thanks, my fine sir, for your efforts on my behalf! T

Is next week ok?

Yes, thanks, I'll count on it, as I believe your rain kung fu must be as powerful as your cool June kung fu, which is vastly more difficult. T

For rain I just need a dead possum, 2 sprigs of hogwort, a small poisonous toad and a William Hung CD. You don't want to know what I needed for a cool June.

Probably not but I can tell you it involves a blonde and an alter. :devilsmiley:

My cousin Fanny Lou wants to get married, and her hair was sort of blond before the mange took it. I've got possums here, but I can never tell it they are dead. I got Fanny Lou to check last time, but that's how she got the mange.

Nights are still coolish here. I was under two sheets and a blanket this morning as I didn't want to get up and turn off the fan. I don't mind a hot day as much when I get cool nights. Now if I can just get some dead possum rains!! T

Probably not but I can tell you it involves a blonde and an alter. :devilsmiley:

:lol:

Picked up just over 1" this evening (official total tomorrow.) Extremely heavy rain and multiple CG strikes very close to the house.

:thumbsup:

I just got another quarter inch with a small storm that moved over me. Gauge says .99 total for both. Needed it.

1.19" is what I gathered... needed it.

Not the first drop here, glad to see everyone that's missed out catch up on some rain totals ^_^

Archived