Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2012 Obs and Discussion Thread

jburns

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to start this months thread in hopes it will give me some rainfall karma.

actually strong signals of atleast normal rains for most of GA, and the Carolinas in June. Despite northwest flow to start. MCC's will start the rain train. Hopefully central areas of NC down to central GA cashes in at some point.

Picked up a nice 0.68 last night. Perfect combo of at first pretty heavy rain, then several hours of good soaking rain. Good thing this actually developed since there isn't crap on radar after the forecast yesterday was for "morning storms" and was supposed to be the "main event". Chances are the carolinas will benefit the most of course if/when things re-develop.

Things are finally green again and although amounts haven't been spectacular and "run of the mill" the last several times, it sure as hell beats not getting anything like I've been getting the last 3 or more months.

I got another quarter inch last night. Now, I know that isn't much to most of you, but to me it is a downpour :) Add in the .9 I already had this week, and it is like a flood here. I saw blue tailed skinks diving into a puddle when I got up, and mocking birds wearing bikini's cheering them on....of course, I'm not at my best in the morning, and I had forgotten my glasses.... T

Three fairly strong storms are training very slightly to my west. In fact I am getting a small amount of rain at the moment from the first one. Hoping the second and third will slip just a bit east and hit me dead on. As I was posting they have just been warned.

Three fairly strong storms are training very slightly to my west. In fact I am getting a small amount of rain at the moment from the first one. Hoping the second and third will slip just a bit east and hit me dead on. As I was posting they have just been warned.

The first one has slid on by. I got a staggering .01.

Second one wide west.

Just delightful night and morning. 45 at 7 A.M. Felt like autumn. Photo is at the lake at 8 a.m. Only received .5 from this latest event, but you wouldn't know it from the green everywhere. Corn is already four feet high. Looking forward to tonight and the great moon. Maybe some frost on Mt. Mitchell????

post-1004-0-77062300-1338641358_thumb.jp

49.2 IMBY here in Dahlonega. Gonna have to do some digging to find out the last time we got into the 40s in June.

Got down to 52 this morning...brrrr lol. Can't complain since it could easily be in the 90s.

Still cool even at this hour with a light to moderate breeze now, even though the temp has gone up to 65. I guess I have gotten used to the hot weather.

Got down to 52 this morning...brrrr lol. Can't complain since it could easily be in the 90s.

Still cool even at this hour with a light to moderate breeze now, even though the temp has gone up to 65. I guess I have gotten used to the hot weather.

High was only 72.8 IMBY with full sun...amazing for June 2nd.

Mr. Burns, if you are responsible for todays weather, then I hope you start all summer threads!!! This was about as perfect a June day as I could ask for. Well, maybe 10 degrees cooler, and a bit less humid, but then that would be fall, and I couldn't get away with that ;) T

Mr. Burns, if you are responsible for todays weather, then I hope you start all summer threads!!! This was about as perfect a June day as I could ask for. Well, maybe 10 degrees cooler, and a bit less humid, but then that would be fall, and I couldn't get away with that ;) T

Now if only I could make it snow in Southtown.

Archived