Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE End of May, into Summer Thread

free_man

You see... if you b**ch loud enough things will change

Sun has burst forth through the murk. Interestingly, the trees/flags are showing more easterly component while what remains of the higher level fog/strata is moving NNE; so by a very narrow margin, the front is still holding tough.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I call this a "tuck pattern". Basically, the gradient is too weak, so the flow curls back W on the south side of where the gradient a bit better, and that loads saturated coolness underneath an inversion. High res loop shows an incredible, impenetrable slab of fog butt bangin' NE mass out of the summery appeal at the current hour. Similar to a backdoor, but there isn't any real synoptic markers for one.

What a day.

Worked north of the merrit pkwy in Fairfield then Stamford, truck read 92 at both places. 6, 32 oz bottles of water, staying hydrated was tough. The heat was awesome, the humidity was taxing though, just got home to a chilly 82, cant believe the how chilly eastern mass is incredible really.

Thankfully it's looking nice and cool for the foreseeable future. No hot and dry weather anywhere in the forecast. Those calling for a dry, blowtorch Summer are looking to bust big time.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 70. Northwest wind between 7 and 11 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Northwest wind between 3 and 8 mph.

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near69. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming east.

Friday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near63. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 67.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

Monday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thankfully it's looking nice and cool for the foreseeable future. No hot and dry weather anywhere in the forecast. Those calling for a dry, blowtorch Summer are looking to bust big time.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 46. Northwest wind between 3 and 8 mph.

Friday Night: A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near63. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Monday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Tuesday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Did you enjoy your +20 departure yesterday? Common sense says you are right about +5 for the month of May, another well above normal month, and yet more fire. I think June is near normal, and my temp guess for BOS reflects that, after 15 months, you would think Gods Country might FINALLY be able to sneak by a below normal month. However, I think the second half of June is warm, and brings temps back to normal for the month, ironically once again you will have some of the warmest temps in SNE during this upcoming period. How were those 60s yesterday?

Unfortunately you left out todays forecast high of 81, looks like a +13 or so............enjoy!

Well we did it folks

bdl now +4.2 for the month

orh +4.3 for the month

all this done at the very end of the month when its so much harder to move departures.........proud of ya! Bos at +1.9 even with all the east wind disasters they have had.

Historical Run.

Beryl raking SC NC

Was looking at that this morning, Mom said they had some great rains overnight, not much wind though (none was expected) probably 25 mph or so where they are. Boy, for a season thats supposed to be quiet, sure has had a busy start! Beryl extremely impressive at 70 mph landfall at JAX..........very very rare.

Homebrew FTW?

Well we did it folks

bdl now +4.2 for the month

orh +4.3 for the month

all this done at the very end of the month when its so much harder to move departures.........proud of ya! Bos at +1.9 even with all the east wind disasters they have had.

Historical Run.

Not bad for my 1.5.

Not bad for my 1.5.

Nope, looks like a 2.2 or something, an island of minimal warmth in an ocean of sizzle, complete reverse of last month. I really wanted a +5 at one of the stations, it was just too late, besides +4 is the new normal, its getting ridiculous.

Nope, looks like a 2.2 or something, an island of minimal warmth in an ocean of sizzle, complete reverse of last month. I really wanted a +5 at one of the stations, it was just too late, besides +4 is the new normal, its getting ridiculous.

Well I think June will be cooler than that...so the step down continues. In fact..it's possible BOS could barely be above normal. Hopefully June features more offshore flow, but the way the upper air pattern looks...it's possible we could have a lot of onshore flow.

Well I think June will be cooler than that...so the step down continues. In fact..it's possible BOS could barely be above normal. Hopefully June features more offshore flow, but the way the upper air pattern looks...it's possible we could have a lot of onshore flow.

Yep, I have bos below a +1 right around normal in the contest.

I think July and August are back up around +3 or +4, Nino is pretty lackluster looking

Archived