joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December #2/12-16 storm - OBS Thread

SnoJoe

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 degrees now, low of 23 here. I think Dawson said that some sort of moisture/clouds would hamper cooling...good call.

Thanks....but would rather have been wrong. LOL.

I was at 15 at 4am and then the nice little blanket moved over most of North GA, except Rosie who still hit single digits, and my temp started to creep up to my current 22.5.:gun_bandana: I believe it would have been the coldest for most of us but oh well.

Heck look at my temp graph below I was at 17.8 at 9pm last night then the winds kicked up a bit and stirred up my boundary layer...again...then calmed back down so my temp dropped to below 16 at 4am then the clouds.

Its also worth mentioning that the French Broad River has started to freeze over. This is the first time in the 4 years I've been here that this has started to take place. Quite cool actually thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

cool. One of the things I monitor is the amount of ice on my storm windows in the kitchen. The bottom panel is completely frosted over, and I've never seen that happen since living here.. I just threw out some old stale coffee and made my own version of black ice.

I'm heading to the lake to hit some old golf balls out toward the middle. Last year, the sound they made when they hit the ice was unearthly. It's loud, and echoes off the mountain. Maybe I can record it! Stay tuned............

I'll be looking to hear that.

it's colder here in mcdowell than any of the previous three days: 6 degrees...and that was as of 15 minutes ago...

i could use another snow day away from the schoolhouse...here's hoping i get one tomorrow...

i know there is to be some warmer air coming with this system, and perhaps we'll get a bit of insolation today, but sure does seem like a lot to overcome in precluding any frozen precip overnight...

Archived