• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December #2/12-16 storm - OBS Thread

SnoJoe

Have a nice little freezing streak going here in Dahlonega GA. I went below freezing at 1220p on Sunday and have not gone above freezing since...currently 68 hours.

I have not been out of the 20s since 110p Sunday.

Currently 23.3 with nice cloud cover. Could make it another day.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 in Dacula, 26 in Kennesaw.

Looking at the BMX and GWX radars, the moisture looks to be on a SE trend right now, so I am not real sure when this moisture will over run my local.

As Daculawx said some ways back, I just don't like the feel of this one doing much, but I would also point out with our cold temps this past week, a glaze of thin ice will make for some good news shots tonight and Glenn Burns declaring he called it and Ken Cook talking about his VIPER radar. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its also worth mentioning that the French Broad River has started to freeze over. This is the first time in the 4 years I've been here that this has started to take place. Quite cool actually thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Go check out Beaver lake if you get a chance. Low up toward Weaverville was 4.1 currently at 6.6. Minneapolis is currently 8 :lmao:

If Burns gets too excited, he may break out the radar velocity mode and start looking for rotation. laugh.gif

You laugh but he said that there would be a sleet shower over the southwest corner of Cobb County at 237pm this afternoon that would cause wide spread panic and pandemonium (and that's just because Tony is supposed to be in that area....not sure how Glen knew that Tony would be there but apparently his in-house model did!!!!).

screaming towards 32° now... should be interesting to see how this plays out today.

Moisture in Alabama still on a slow East trek but moving more SE than anything. :whistle:

Looking at the radar trends, it looks like the moisture is hitting a brick wall as soon as it nears the Georgia border due to all the dry air. Temps like you said almost to the freezing mark.......unless some precip gets here soon to hold things down, looks like 34 degrees and rain baby!!!!!

We are seeing SLEET here in Columbus, GA!

Awesome! Enjoy it while it lasts.

Well my streak of below freezing just came to an end. Streak started at 1220p Sunday and end at 11am Wednesday (today). That's about 71 hours straight which is very unusual for my area.

Hey all. I am new to the board. I am Justin. My Father is Rankin5150. I love the weather and thanks for allowing me the chanc to learn.

Belmont, NC current obs:

Overcast

32 °F

(0 °C)Humidity:29 %Wind Speed:W 7 MPHBarometer:30.07" (1019.0 mb)Dewpoint:3 °F (-16 °C)Wind Chill:26 °F (-3 °C)Visibility:10.00 mi.Very low DP...

Hey all. I am new to the board. I am Justin. My Father is Rankin5150. I love the weather and thanks for allowing me the chanc to learn.

Belmont, NC current obs:

Overcast

32 °F

(0 °C)Humidity:29 %Wind Speed:W 7 MPHBarometer:30.07" (1019.0 mb)Dewpoint:3 °F (-16 °C)Wind Chill:26 °F (-3 °C)Visibility:10.00 mi.Very low DP...

Welcome Justin. Your dad is a nice guy and a good weather observer as well.:snowman:

Archived