Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit's high today was 75*F (overachieved by a couple degrees, RAP was right again) and the low was 57*F.

Assuming a high of 50*F and a low of 40*F tomorrow, the average for May should still be 65.4*F (3rd warmest on record) and the average for Spring of 2011 will be 55.2*F, shattering 2010 (the previous warmest Spring on record) by two degrees, and it will also be Detroit's first 55*F Spring average on record ever.

Glad to see the 0z NAM bumping the precip north a tad. Sharp cut-off in WI.

If that verifies, it's quite possible I will go a full month with less than 0.2" of precip. Just 0.13" here since May 9th, how dry can we get?

If this was winter we'd have mass suicides in SEMI :axe:

That map could pass for a winter storm system! Talk of a deformation band and so forth setting up in this area somewhere.

If that verifies, it's quite possible I will go a full month with less than 0.2" of precip. Just 0.13" here since May 9th, how dry can we get?

I'm surprised you're only in D0 conditions. That's really dry for May in this region! I've been able to pick up 2.2" so far this month.

If this was winter we'd have mass suicides in SEMI :axe:

the 0z GFS is a little more egalatarian.

GFS_3_2012053100_F48_PCPIN_48_HR.png

And yes, I am new, reporting from a few miles from KARB. ETA: I work about a mile from KARB, too - a station soon to be better known as "that place across from a Costco." :hug:

Cold steady rain falling here, light to moderate. Basically the WI/IL stateline is the cutoff point right now! 47-48°

going to be interesting to see how far north and west the defo band pushes back tonight...it's possible there will be an overlap area nearby that sees 2" from both bands.

Both the 12Z NAM and 12Z GFS call for ~1 inch across virtually all of SE Mich. Hope they verify!

I hope they bust hard! Don't need any of this rain crap. I hate cutting my lawn and this dryness helps keeps the bugs down. Let it crack and bake for all I care. It's blue skies or fail.

Archived