Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2012 General Discussion

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't get the rain yesterday morning!? I remembered seeing a flash flood warning out to the east of Rockford.

Not down here in Monee!

I did see they got hammered Saturday morning back home up north, and know there was power out at my folks who are east of town, and at our place in town. ComEd sent an automated text around 6:05 a.m. saying power was out with an estimated restore time of 5:43 a.m. :unsure: .

Looks like the front comes through dry here...we did pick up .02 inches very early this morning.

Nice morning... probably have jackets and pants on by late this week.

After this heat, then cold? That sucks. I just read northern mi could see some frost later next week.

Went for a nice 16 mile bike ride this morning. Even saw a couple of fighter jets do a flyover, which was neat. It is starting to get quite warm outside...already 84F at DTW and with clear skies it should be no problem reaching 90F in a couple of hours.

Heat Advisory in effect for NE IN/NW OH this afternoon. Already up to 92° here.

I decided to wake up early today and enjoy the pleasant morning before the heat took over. It was 73 and partly cloudy with a light breeze at sunrise. A nice way to experience it...

post-830-0-25831300-1338224128_thumb.jpg

Wow it is looking cold Thursday/Friday. The 12z Euro has dropped the area further and now has widespread 850 temps below zero and surface temps in the 40s. It actually shows a tiny area of upper 30s with a dot of snow Friday morning in southern Wisconsin. It's really wrapping up the storm compared to earlier runs.

Friday morning 850 temps

Euro_cold.jpg

Wow it is looking cold Thursday/Friday. The 12z Euro has dropped the area further and now has widespread 850 temps below zero and surface temps in the 40s. It actually shows a tiny area of upper 30s with a dot of snow Friday morning in southern Wisconsin. It's really wrapping up the storm compared to earlier runs.

A dusting of snow for someone in the region on the first day of June? If that somehow luckily verified, I think I'll have seen it all this year. Then again, I have seen snow on the 4th of July (granted in the mountains of Germany).

Friday morning 850 temps

Euro_cold.jpg

That'd be awesome if Rockford could squeeze out a few flurries. How insane would that be to go from 99 degrees to snow flakes within a week? Lock it in.

That'd be awesome if Rockford could squeeze out a few flurries. How insane would that be to go from 99 degrees to snow flakes within a week? Lock it in.

:thumbsup:

Lol, that would be something. Definitely looks chilly those 2 days. 30s for lows, first day of June! Crazy.

Archived