• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Late May G2G, Marina Bay, Plymouth or Froggy's Saloon?

Clinch Leatherwood

As has been discussed there was some talk of a mini-G2G or a full G2G at a more summer like location.

Areas discussed:

Plymouth Harbor. There are endless bars here. On the water front itself with ample public parking and about 2 minutes off Rte 3 at Exit 6

1. East Bay Grille: Older crowd (25/30+, lots of cougars, great outdoor bar, sit under the stars on the water and watch the entertainment). Very good food.

2. Waterfront Bar: Older crowd before 10pm, then turns into a 20 something place. Across the street from East Bay, same parking lot. Good to very good food.

3. Cabbyshack: Mixed crowd, outdoor patios. Rowdy at times, mixed crowd. Overlooks the water. Shared lot with the other two. Great pizza, good food.

4. Fast Eddies: Former Weathervane. Same lot as the other 3, really nice bar, just opened in the fall so I don't know how the summer crowd would be. Ate here once, still waiting for food.

Plymouth Downtown - short walk from the others but probably better off driving the 1/4 mile, ample on street parking and small side lots. Cabs also easy to get...both rickshaws and real cabs.

1. Martinis: Upscale crowd but it has Keno? Large bar, huge open area. Good/Very good food.

2. New World Tavern: Opened in the last year, mixed crowd, tons of brews on tap. Good food, very open, comfortable.

3. T-Bones: Huge bar, huge place. Mixed crowd, cop at the door at night. I've never had a problem here, enjoy it, but some don't like it.

4. Sports Tavern - Old Colonial: I think it's called All Stars or something like that. Younger crowd later, cheap drinks, rowdy, noisy, fun. Bar food.

5. British Beer Company: This is not a full one. It just serves sandwiches and really looks and feels like an Irish or British Pub. Cool place to have drinks

6. Sam Diegos: Huge, okay food, good time.

There are 3 or 4 other places on this same strip, true bars that are good for having drinks. I can't remember there names. All of these are within walking distance in each group and really...it's a short walk from say from Waterfront to Martinis etc. But again plenty of those rickshaws and cabs to shuffle people around.

Marina Bay:

1.The Ocean Club, formerly the Waterworks, formerly the Tent: upscale, on the water, bring your chains.

There are a bunch of other bars there, maybe 3-4. 1 or 2 are higher end, 1 or 2 are bars. There's also an oyster bar in season. Nice spot, plenty of parking.On the water, close to Boston.

Newport:

You've all been there, plenty of places to go.

Froggy's Saloon:

Located in an industrial park near the airport in Westfield. Has a summer theme night.

Doesn't matter to me when, if June is better that works too. Weather is more reliable by June.

All three of the places on the waterfront are setup well for groups. Especially if the outside is open at East Bay. I did forget to mention they have a dress code there at night, no hats, no wife beater tank tops, no comb overs.

Chris door to door Worcester is over 100 miles for me. So...we come from a very large area it's understood some won't be able to make the trip.

Doesn't matter to me when, if June is better that works too. Weather is more reliable by June.

All three of the places on the waterfront are setup well for groups. Especially if the outside is open at East Bay. I did forget to mention they have a dress code there at night, no hats, no wife beater tank tops, no comb overs.

Chris door to door Worcester is over 100 miles for me. So...we come from a very large area it's understood some won't be able to make the trip.

85 max.

Edit: Ok, Plymouth is a large area, but Google maps still says 90 max. from the most distant parts.

Either Plymouth or Newport work for me, although I prefer Newport. Keep in mind, people will start crying about paying 10-20 to park for the day, or even finding a spot to park in these tourist towns, although I think some people can pool together (me and Steve and TB for instacne). The good thing is we meet earlier in the day so the covercharge b.s. won't be in effect yet.

Confirmation on my end depends on the date, and my summer calendar is filling up.

85 max.

It's about 99 miles. about 94/95 if I take 495.

For Phil probably 105 or 110 depending on where he lives.

Tolland to PYM Harbor is about 110, so it's kind of a flip in that regard. If only a few people make it, would still be fun. I don't think people realize how far Worcester is for some of us...but I certainly understand many won't want to make a 100-150 mile drive.

Either Plymouth or Newport work for me, although I prefer Newport. Keep in mind, people will start crying about paying 10-20 to park for the day, or even finding a spot to park in these tourist towns, although I think some people can pool together (me and Steve and TB for instacne). The good thing is we meet earlier in the day so the covercharge b.s. won't be in effect yet.

Confirmation on my end depends on the date, and my summer calendar is filling up.

Great point on parking, FWIW, Plymouth parking is free after 7, I think 40 cents an hour during peak hours. The huge open lot is central to the bars being discussed right on the water. It's really well done. There's free parking around too, but for 2 or 3 dollars...

Here's Plymouth harbor. Green dot is Waterfront Bar - outdoor porch, etc. the A is the east bay, you can see where the outdoor portion is facing the boat area. Red dot is cabby shack, yellow dot is Fast Eddies.

The huge parking area between is the public parking that's like 20 or 40 cents per hour. Street parking can also be found.

For those out of area....it's about as easy at it gets. Whichever way you are coming you take Rte 3 to exit 6 which I circled in green. Go east on 44 to Plymouth Harbor. It's really well marked. It's only about 2500 feet. You'd come to a light, go through it, the road curves and you quickly come to a tiny rotary. Everything is right in front of you to the left...that's the main parking lot. To get to Plymouth Center you'd just take a right at the first light and the first bar is on your right a few hundred feet.

The green dots are all the bars. If you timed it out right you could walk no more than about 300-500 feet to get from Cabby to Bostons, Bostons to Martinis, Martinis to New World, New World to Sam Diegos and T-Bones.

LOL Scott is the Chamber of Commerce.

I just spend way too much time there. I stayed away from Plymouth until the last few years. I really enjoy it, has something for everyone. I really enjoy Marina Bay too but if the Ocean Club is a bust...the other bars there aren't huge and if more than 10 or 12 people showed up might be a tighter squeeze.

Here's Plymouth harbor. Green dot is Waterfront Bar - outdoor porch, etc. the A is the east bay, you can see where the outdoor portion is facing the boat area. Red dot is cabby shack, yellow dot is Fast Eddies.

The huge parking area between is the public parking that's like 20 or 40 cents per hour. Street parking can also be found.

Funny when you look at that image to see how much nice real estate is taken up by parking. Boy do we love our automobiles in this country.

Funny when you look at that image to see how much nice real estate is taken up by parking. Boy do we love our automobiles in this country.

Yep but they pack every one of them for dinner and on weekends. For those that have never seen it Plymouth Rock is about 1/2 mile down the main road. The funniest part of Plymouth to me is that nobody from the US goes to the rock, yet if you go there it's packed with foreigners. Weird to me in a way, they appreciate the "history" more than we do.

Bob Cabby is a good time. Easy to get to off the highway, easy to park (and cheap) and 4-6 bars on the waterfront within a 2 minute walk. I didn't throw in the Blue Eyed Crab which is across from east bay. Place is legendary for food, cute bar...10 people would fill the bar though.

I'm fine heading to Plymouth... but mid-late June might be better. I just saw all of the cool people in ORH 2 weeks ago.

I had a friend who lived in Plymouth center a few years ago, and it is pretty nice. Won't be the best for CT/GC/NH/ME/VT folks, but oh, well.

Boston is sweet, too. Maybe we can all crash at Scooters pad and look at his famous trash barrells

lol @ complaining about a 100 mile drive. If the issue is legitimately $ for gas...that's one thing. If you have to be home for your kids game at night....that's one thing. But if someone is complaining about it just because they don't want to drive 2 hours, that's dumb. 2 hour drives are nothing.

Can you drive yet? Do you own a car yet? :lol:

jk

I wonder if I should drive to Baltimore for the conference

Can you drive yet? Do you own a car yet? :lol:

jk

I wonder if I should drive to Baltimore for the conference

Yeah I've driven for over a year. I've done 1-2 hour drives and its NBD. The only reason I don't do longer drives to places is my parents get too nervous lol. I have a car that I get to use until I go to college next year and then it's my brothers except when I come home on breaks.

I would like to go to the conference at some point...maybe next year after one year of college if I find someone who will want to go.

Archived