Newest Member
    joxey
Boston Marathon 2012 weather?

klw

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://cdn.spundge.com/stories/2919/embedded/

The minimum charity amount this year was around $3k.  Please understand that's speculation because in 2014 it may be different.   If someone wanted to group up and try to raise some dollars I'd run it if Kevin would be willing to carry me every other mile.  In all seriousness I'd "run" it.... but would likely be in the 4 hour range.  Nothing like Kevin.

Bob nice work over on the OT thread.  Way to derail a sensitive and local topic after forcing people away from talking about it over here.  

My sister just got in there. I'll ask exactly how..maybe it's different now.

Did she get in with an official number or just sneak in with the pack, but not officially?  I know a few people who did that, and I always thought, what's the point of doing it without really being official.

I know plenty of people who have gone the charity route - Big Brother's, Big Sisters was the charity of choice for most of my friends.

He may raise money to buy Lesco.

lol.

If Kevin runs the marathon, I may have to head up there to cheer him on.

Haven't been there on Marathon Monday in years since I used to work right on Mass Ave.  I will cheer him on and hand him cup fulls of protein injected cocktail weenies to chew on for energy instead of water. 

Just raise money. You could do it. 

I'll throw in a couple of hundred.  I'm sure the region could raise a lot of money.  I just don't want it to be a goofy nod to this site or goofy in general. 

I think it's a great idea to be honest.  Kev can run the race ahead of all of us no doubt, wash his car, put some lesco on the Boston Common and then meet us when the rest of us finish.

lol.

If Kevin runs the marathon, I may have to head up there to cheer him on.

Haven't been there on Marathon Monday in years since I used to work right on Mass Ave.  I will cheer him on and hand him cup fulls of protein injected cocktail weenies to chew on for energy instead of water. 

It's so much fun....just a big party really. I'm sure a group of us would be there if he really did it. Oh the things he would be showered with..lol.

My sister I think just snuck in. She ran it just to say she did it...made it in about 4 hrs. 

Im trying dude. I'm trying. I have PVD and HFD to try and qualify.

Even if you don't have a fast enough time to qualify, you should join a fundraising team and do it for charity. I don't have time to train for 2 marathons. I ran my first one in 3:20 so I'm within the realm of being able to qualify but I doubt I have the time to train for two, and the last one I ran was 8 years ago and in much better shape than I'm in right now.

Edit: looks like others beat me to the punch and you're going to do it regardless of your time congrats ! :)

Even if you don't have a fast enough time to qualify, you should join a fundraising team and do it for charity. I don't have time to train for 2 marathons. I ran my first one in 3:20 so I'm within the realm of being able to qualify but I doubt I have the time to train for two, and the last one I ran was 8 years ago and in much better shape than I'm in right now.

Thats fast dude. How old were you when you ran that?

Thats fast dude. How old were you when you ran that?

I was 21 and a senior at BC. I'd love to meet up and run at least part of the race with you since I probably won't be aiming for such a fast time this go around.   I need to get in shape for military stuff anyways, and I'll have more time on my hands since 4th year of med school isn't as busy.  It was such an amazing experience and real rush the first time I ran it.

Doing it again and raising a lot of money for charity plus the year after this one really are all huge motivations to do it.  I just hope I can stay healthy since I've had some knee tendinitis in the past.

Archived