joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Boston Marathon 2012 weather?

klw

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's old. Training onthe heart of winter would be rough but the thought is there.....

And of course overcoming the aches and pains of training at my age means I start now......still hvent closed the door.

That 78 yr old man that is now part of the image of the first blast did it....at least as far as I understand.

That 78 yr old man that is now part of the image of the first blast did it....at least as far as I understand.

He did and his body looked Iike he'd been running all his life. And the big caveat......working, If you work full time it's much tougher to train at advanced age.

He did and his body looked Iike he'd been running all his life. And the big caveat......working, If you work full time it's much tougher to train at advanced age.

Oh I know....well, at least you're in good shape. Running a marathon isn't a requirement of being healthy.

I saw an interview with him. The force of the blast he said knocked him over but he was not injured and was actually able to finish and cross the finish line. You should start running. Get yourself healthy and in shape

He's old. Training onthe heart of winter would be rough but the thought is there.....

And of course overcoming the aches and pains of training at my age means I start now......still hvent closed the door.

Its a big commitment but if anyone can do it , you can. Just go to bed early. That's the key. Train in the morning. If not you won't do it at night

I saw an interview with him. The force of the blast he said knocked him over but he was not injured and was actually able to finish and cross the finish line. You should start running. Get yourself healthy and in shape

Jerry looks pretty healthy to me. Walking is just as good for his health. If you run next year in Boston I am there, promise.

They are running for charities. I could certainly do that and I'm considering it if I fail to get 3:15 which is likely . I really want to get there by qualifying though. It's just a personal goal Ive set for myself. Boston is the elite of elite for marathons , and I'd like to be able to say I qualified to run it.

If you do...that is one hell of a run. Even if you don't...3:30 is impressive. 3:15 is like 7:25 miles....26.2 of them. I've done 6 miles at that pace and that was hard enough. Good luck.

They are running for charities. I could certainly do that and I'm considering it if I fail to get 3:15 which is likely . I really want to get there by qualifying though. It's just a personal goal Ive set for myself. Boston is the elite of elite for marathons , and I'd like to be able to say I qualified to run it.

Cool.  The time must increase as you get older though to qualify.  What are the brackets?

If you do...that is one hell of a run. Even if you don't...3:30 is impressive. 3:15 is like 7:25 miles....26.2 of them. I've done 6 miles at that pace and that was hard enough. Good luck.

3:38 is my PR. I just don't think I can knock another 23 minutes off. It gets harder and harder as your body can only be pushed so far. We'll see how PVD goes in May

Archived