wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would have a tough time accumulating in the lower terrain. Hopefully this gets pushed to Sat nite for the valley dwellars

You should be OK if the ggem and ukie are correct. The thicknesses even support snow and the 850's are plenty cold.

Perfect timing would be the euro ensemble, which is Saturday night into Sunday morning but it's also pretty surpressed and has very light precip amounts.

The gfs and its ensembles (including the new 12z ensembles) refuse to budge with it's surpressed track.

Probably a combo of the confluence to the north and how the s/w digs and intensifies. The GFS keeps the s/w rather disorganized and flying along until the last minute, while the Canadian starts to dig it in the OV.

Although it's very close. Even the 00z euro tries to briefly torch

Right , most have it to some degree or the other, but I'm just saying that I think it less likely to succeed regardless of which model shows what

or, the NAO might vagariously become less negative.... I have lived in this part of the country too long and experienced too many springs to believe that any degree of -NAO, unless it is hugely east based, won't disappoint warm weather types at least excuse imaginable.

Archived