gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Early April Winter Pattern Likely

CoastalWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasnt there llike an epic snowstorm on the models a few days ago or soemthing?? now we are torching again lol...wow it never ends lol

one thing of note that i saw in the ny metro forum: since the late 1800s the avg temp has increased more than five degrees, i do not know much about global warming or anything but five degrees is a lot as far as I am concerned. Some guy Uncle W posted the information.

If any part of SNE is able to warm sector next Tuesday or Wednesday we could stand a chance for some decent convection...possible low topped squall line with gusty winds/small hail. Pretty intense system/front approaching. However, often times in these setups we often see warm fronts struggle to lift through much of the region.

I could see a threat for severe though across parts of PA/NY.

If any part of SNE is able to warm sector next Tuesday or Wednesday we could stand a chance for some decent convection...possible low topped squall line with gusty winds/small hail. Pretty intense system/front approaching. However, often times in these setups we often see warm fronts struggle to lift through much of the region.

I could see a threat for severe though across parts of PA/NY.

I just had some thunder and lightning here. Loud too. Shook the house.

Do you want to have at least a little bit of confluence in this case or no?

Well yeah, you want some confluence because that is what is supplying the cold air but you don't want too much. Its a delicate setup and the Goldilocks syndrome when it comes to the confluence.

Well yeah, you want some confluence because that is what is supplying the cold air but you don't want too much. Its a delicate setup and the Goldilocks syndrome when it comes to the confluence.

Compared to 18z the confluence through 42HR on the 0z run looks a tad stronger than it did on the 18z run, however, the vort max is also quite stronger this run...in fact even some -15 VV's showing up over MI.

I think the high DP's helped us out. I have another cell heading here. There was a good one over SE CT earlier.

I didn't really look much at the setup or anything but the warm front is held up around that area so there is probably a decent amount of elevated instability (or was) and there is probably some decent helicity too which would have helped to aid in the small hailers.

:thumbsup:

This run looks awesome so far! By 48HR the confluence has broken down and the system is pretty far north enough to where it should impact CT...decent plume of moisture associated with the system and some really good lift as well, especially when that closed off 850 low tracks just to our south. 2-4''??

I didn't really look much at the setup or anything but the warm front is held up around that area so there is probably a decent amount of elevated instability (or was) and there is probably some decent helicity too which would have helped to aid in the small hailers.

I was I school so I really did not look too much into it either. But I'm done with snow. I'm in severe Wx mode now.

Archived