• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA Late Spring 2012

Well don't forget not to focus on the higher amounts in ranges...that's why we have them. The actual band that sets up may be rather narrow which is what the NAM may be indicating. Lots of things going on with the combo of upslope snow too. Throw all that together and someone could get whacked where it comes together, but it's not an easy forecast.

It's pretty easy to forcast the Allehgheny Platue running down from SW PA through MD and WV. They get clobbered no matter what. Elsewhere everything has to be perfect.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds are howling here and moderate rain continues. Down to 41.2 degrees. Winds sound higher than at any time during all of winter! lol Wind chill down around freezing. Feels uuuuuuuhhhhhhgly outside.

Precip since midnight = 0.70. Yesterday's total was 1.38" giving 2-day total of 2.08".

Always fun to watch radar echoes moving west or northwestward. I feel like I'm playing the loop backwards.

Slushy raindrops here in state college.

At 2000 feet on Tussey, there is a mix of all snow and sleet. Strong dusting on all surfaces, including roads. 32F.

Yea i can pick the Tussey ridge right out on the radar in that above image i posted, along with the Allegheny front and a couple other ridges that are close proximity to the CCX radar. I would imagine the high points of Tussey are going to get warning amounts if the Centre region stays in the good precip for the duration.

Not so gung-ho on accum?

Definitely some snow starting to mix with the rain out here on campus.

No I didn't mean that at all. I think they'll see some. It's tough to say how much will fall since it will depend on intensity. I'm not very bullish for UNV, but they'll see some.

As of about 30 minutes ago, 0.75" on Tussey (pic attached)... was accumulating quickly so i'm sure they're already over an inch by now. It has since turned over to big ole' fat flakes.... I guess the column cooled enough to get rid of the sleet. At least a dusting (on roads and grass) down to around 1400 feet.

vdcxzm.jpg

Still havin a hellava time completey changing over. 34F still, I'm sure just a mile away from me on the hilltops are gettng hammered. Sucks living in the valley only at 1500ft, but gparents just a mile away at near 2000-2200ft lol.

The funny thing is, back in October, Hartford Ct ( Bradley ) which sits at a measly 160 ft asl, got 12" of snow with temps aroud 34 F.

Hopefully you should do ok once this storm really intensifies.

what happened to the snow accums on the point and click forecast?

it was 1-3 / 3-7 / 2-4 just a few minutes ago?

Overnight: Snow before 2am, then snow, possibly mixed with rain. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 30. North wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Monday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 36. North wind between 15 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow. Low around 30. West wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

what happened to the snow accums on the point and click forecast?

it was 1-3 / 3-7 / 2-4 just a few minutes ago?

Overnight: Snow before 2am, then snow, possibly mixed with rain. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 30. North wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Monday: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 36. North wind between 15 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow. Low around 30. West wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

The NAM

Archived