Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
March 2012 General Discussion Part 3

Chicago Storm

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monday April 2 looks absolutely amazing for potential svr in the Midwest if that 984 mb low holds consistency on the GFS in additional runs. Freeze warning for me tonight. I honestly cannot remember a spring in my life when trees have leafed out before the bloodroot and Virginia bluebells have blossomed in a nearby nature preserve I frequent.

Tree trimming around power lines has been slacking around my hood. Hopefully we'll get a good damaging april snow storm to clean stuff up. Perfect time of the yr to be without power for a week+

Cut the grass for the 1st time this yr and then grilled up some Brats and Italians. Very comfortable out there with the slackening winds and sun. Weber smoke billowing, fresh cut grass smell in the air, drinking a Barley pop.. Doesn't get no better anytime, but in March - Wow.

Temps underachieving today...sitting at 50 right now. There's a chance we don't make it to the average high which is 54.

Edit: scratch that, made it to 54 after midnight

You can say that again! Topped at 40° today! Might see a frost before midnight - then temps rebound. -7° normal today.

wish we could fall back 30 degree's off the afternoon high like, LAF. Would only get us to 10 degrees for a low and still 8 degree's off a record low so I guess, meh, save the veg dev for another night.. Last yr the High was 30 and it snowed...2007 it was 80 and a record high,

wish we could fall back 30 degree's off the afternoon high like, LAF. Would only get us to 10 degrees for a low and still 8 degree's off a record low so I guess, meh, save the veg dev for another night.. Last yr the High was 30 and it snowed...2007 it was 80 and a record high,

I'm pretty sure we'll drop lower than the 36 that is being indicated.

Clouds are breaking up with the sun setting. Winds are under 10mph now. If it's going to drop, between now and 9pm 'ish will be the time.

Thursday AM is forecast to be 36° here. Might be another close call.

Had interesting clouds patterns this morning as the sun was rising. This is in central Racine County, WI.

557003_3608469537307_1440765701_3284238_536256371_n.jpg

Probably not significantly lower, but a couple degrees cooler is possible in the next hour or two.

What's your sky conditions? Mostly cloudy here, but the satellite shows thinning clouds to the west and northwest.

Reach freezing this morning?

As of 8:30 pm it is clear here. Temp has dropped to 36.0°.

Archived