Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a troll, and you're his target.

As an aside... snow melts this time of year... there's nothing miserable about it unless your livelihood depends on it.

The NOAA thing was really interesting to me. A lot of water equivalent, wow.

Another aside - fire weather watch in New Hampshire and southern Maine - that's craziness for 3/22.

LOL...pulling an mrg with putting that hail into your sig.

If I got a half inch of hail, I'd put it down. It actually counts technically, lol. But rarely does hail accumulate enough to be measurable...but a winter halstorm is ideal as freezing levels would be a lot lower than summer (even if still a torch for winter) to let the hail melt less on the way down

If I got a half inch of hail, I'd put it down. It actually counts technically, lol. But rarely does hail accumulate enough to be measurable...but a winter halstorm is ideal as freezing levels would be a lot lower than summer (even if still a torch for winter) to let the hail melt less on the way down

What a sicko

:weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

In a round about way ... you know you're still embedded in a warmer than normal pattern when the whole of your quatra-hemisphere scaled mass field averages above normal geopotential heights. This early next week's cool down is quite localized relative to this depiction of the D8-10 over at the PSU EW freebies. But it shows pretty clearly, if it were not for that "dent" in the overall height field, which happens to situate just enough to get us into a cold converyor, we be still talking unrelenting positive anomalies.

test8.gif

This pattern above does not appear Phase 7 MJO, but the MJO may also correlated differently heading into April, too -

As an aside... snow melts this time of year... there's nothing miserable about it unless your livelihood depends on it.

I know he's a troll. I actually feel sorry for him. That's why I toss out an over the top reaction. I figure he gets a kick out of it and if that's all that it takes to brighten an otherwise drab existence it's little bother to me. As for the snow, it's being wiped out in savage fashion . It has come far too early. There is reason to be sad.

I know he's a troll. I actually feel sorry for him. That's why I toss out an over the top reaction. I figure he gets a kick out of it and if that's all that it takes to brighten an otherwise drab existence it's little bother to me. As for the snow, it's being wiped out in savage fashion . It has come far too early. There is reason to be sad.

Will, almost time to start your annual snow total thread.

I usually wait until after 4/15. But yeah, even that is not all that far off now. We'll see if we get by the 3/30-4/15 stretch unscathed...if we do, then I'll probably fire it up. Last year I actually did it around 4/10 or so because I ended up having to go back and put some small accumulations in for the 4/23 event last year...which is kind of a pain, so I try to wait so I don't have to go back and change anything.

If we get a 4/28/87 or 5/10/77, oh well, it would be worth it to go back and put those totals in anyway.

I usually wait until after 4/15. But yeah, even that is not all that far off now. We'll see if we get by the 3/30-4/15 stretch unscathed...if we do, then I'll probably fire it up. Last year I actually did it around 4/10 or so because I ended up having to go back and put some small accumulations in for the 4/23 event last year...which is kind of a pain, so I try to wait so I don't have to go back and change anything.

If we get a 4/28/87 or 5/10/77, oh well, it would be worth it to go back and put those totals in anyway.

This was my worst winter in 17 years...going back to 1995, which only received .5" less.

If it were not for that last .5", then you'd have to go back to the infamous "empty net whiff" (Glen Wesley?) of 1988 to see a season so awful.

To mention, ...it will be an excessively ease snow total map this year...

Just post a big blank map - lol

Will, almost time to start your annual snow total thread.

Ray it was actually the 2010 summer I meant... I keep forgetting that since I turned 40, time has no meaning and everything flows along at the speed of light - I seriouslly forgot that it was 2012 lol.

But in looking back, it wasn't obsessively hot, but did average above average most places. I thought it was March that same year that had all the rain.

That was nuts! A small babbling broke about 100meters from my house, flows about 12.5 feet lower than the road it goes under, and the water was 6" from cresting that bridge. 12' deep raging flood.

Ray it was actually the 2010 summer I meant... I keep forgetting that since I turned 40, time has no meaning and everything flows along at the speed of light - I seriouslly forgot that it was 2012 lol.

But in looking back, it wasn't obsessively hot, but did average above average most places. I thought it was March that same year that had all the rain.

That was nuts! A small babbling broke about 100meters from my house, flows about 12.5 feet lower than the road it goes under, and the water was 6" from cresting that bridge. 12' deep raging flood.

Yeah that was the year...March 2010 was the "Ginx sandbags in SW RI" year. Though that was a torch of a month too when it wasn't raining and 37.

Yea, March 2010 was the flood and inferno summer.

Oh I agree re:our trolling friend.

And I understand that it upsets you to see snow melt... I hate it, myself. During the winter 95-96 I set up a tarp over my snow pile to preserve it for as long as possible. I think we made it to April 28th.

But you also have to realize that for many of us, the winter never really happened at all. Down here in tropical Manhattan it was an unmitigated disaster - we had one snowstorm all winter that left 4" with the typical 1-2 on the streets and sidewalks... and it melted the next day... one snow cover day the entire winter. I know we don't normally do well for snow but it wasn't much different up to Boston and most of SNE outside of the highest elevations (you).

I'm fine with the snow melting clear to Canada... let's Mitt Romney etch-a-sketch this b**ch and move on with it.

You're repulsive. To take joy in others misery takes a special kind of sick.

relax dude...you don't think that seeing something that historic is not worth posting?

granted forky is trolling, it's still interesting to see the map and how quickly things got wiped out--in a sick sorta demented way of course

Archived