joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2012........Happy Sping

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like BDL hits 70 next Friday.. We go from deep winter this Friday to deep summer in 1 week.

Goodbye and good riddance winter 2011-2012..the worst winter of all of our SNE lives

Let's Morch

I think this area gets the prize in the 1st annual toaster bath award. I'll gladly accept the trophy.

A single digit winter for snowfall is sickening. It makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about. It's something you would bet your house would never happen anywhere in SNE. It's like a 1 in 100 year disaster.

My total was 10.7" for the season. I probably had a 1-100yr disaster. Luckily it's over for all intents and purposes. I've moved on.

lol just kidding.

But you guys will get nailed soon... and either way BOS gets to their average snow in a more exciting way than back here IMO. You can bank on some nice +SN in cold conveyorbelts with late blooming miller Bs that leave us smoking cirrus.

So well said. At the end of the day the snow amounts are similar for the seasons but Boston's way of adding up over the past thirty years that I have been tracking weather (I am 38 now) blow the way we do it here hfd/spfd right out of the water, kind of like an atomic bomb lol

Unreal how warm the 6z GFS gets...looks like 60s Wednesday and Thursday. Almost nowhere in the country is below 0C at 850mb with a huge vortex over AK. It has a mid-March Nor'easter at 312 hours (purely for entertainment's sake) and it's rain all the way to the Canadian border. 0z ECM also has 8C 850s into the Monadnocks by Thursday, brutal. Looks like winter is over.

Unreal how warm the 6z GFS gets...looks like 60s Wednesday and Thursday. Almost nowhere in the country is below 0C at 850mb with a huge vortex over AK. It has a mid-March Nor'easter at 312 hours (purely for entertainment's sake) and it's rain all the way to the Canadian border. 0z ECM also has 8C 850s into the Monadnocks by Thursday, brutal. Looks like winter is over.

Odd usually you talk about what day 9 and 10 show on the Euro, hmmmm.

You guys still can get a renegade late season storm. 1000ft will do that. However, we torch into srn Canada and destroy the snowpack there so it could be March 2010 all over again. With overachieving temps.

Odd usually you talk about what day 9 and 10 show on the Euro, hmmmm.

It brings a quick arctic shot at Day 9/10 but another trough is digging into the west with warm air flooding the Plains and a huge +EPO/GoA low. Starting to get really ugly with 16C 850s into the Central Plains slowly moving east. We'll probably be protected from the worst of the torch in this pattern but I still think we could see near-record warmth in New England.

I will be enjoying the snow for the next few days because our winter is cooked. We are going to bake as the continent loses its cold air source and the sun angle rises. Time to embrace the torch Ginxy :sun:

You guys still can get a renegade late season storm. 1000ft will do that. However, we torch into srn Canada and destroy the snowpack there so it could be March 2010 all over again. With overachieving temps.

except the Euro run at 0Z last night only has them way above normal 4 days out of the ten day run, nobody commented on the run last night, interesting sociology going on here this morning.

except the Euro run at 0Z last night only has them away above normal 4 days out of the ten day run, nobody commented on the run last night, interesting sociology going on here this morning.

Because the op run is in la la land. 6-10 day and 11-15 day temps are really mild.

Lol....steve has snow in the ground for half a day and thinks it's the turn around of winter.... :lmao:

at least I have snow! day three LOL. Just saying what the OP run showed, if you remember tubes was touting the 60s for tomorrow for him, quoting a ten day run, hows that working out. Ya'll forget easy must be old age.

I would take anything modeled beyond day 7 (pattern recognition aside) with a huge grain of sea salt. Tis' March, wavelengths beginning to shorten, cutoffs will fly, while the overall theme of this month should be warm, surprises will abound and sneak up on all of us. I am positive there will be a few diamonds in the rough for the usual suspects, just too much volatility in the atmosphere for 7-14 days stretches of warmth.

Later Sunday/Monday is a perfect example, its so so close to being a east coast snow storm, so close.

Over all the month averaged, I believe will be torchalicious.

This is a real threat, not saying it will happen, but the Nam just got really close, its a decent set up! :snowing:

Hope springs eternal

This is a real threat, not saying it will happen, but the Nam just got really close, its a decent set up! :snowing:

Hope springs eternal

The stupid trough doesn't want to go negative. The flow is also too fast. There is a lot of energy coming down though, which is good. We just need the trough to go negative.

Hope springs eternal

Little warm eh? but anyway Joe no one in the SNE crew wants to talk about winter anymore from what I gather this morning its all about your torch from here on out. Congrats. Wonderful scenes out of snow covered country this morning.

Little warm eh? but anyway Joe no one in the SNE crew wants to talk about winter anymore from what I gather this morning its all about your torch from here on out. Congrats. Wonderful scenes out of snow covered country this morning.

Everyone will be all over it, but most just came off of 30+ hours of snow in a row...........torch does not even arrive till later next week, this will be fun watching this scenario play out the next day or so, looks like interior cne and nne sees frozen later tonight and tomorrow, its cold out there this morning!

There is nothing really to talk about unless you're in CNE. Will and Kev, especially Will may start as brief snow or ice. Funny how today is one of the coldest days this winter.

There is nothing really to talk about unless you're in CNE. Will and Kev, especially Will may start as brief snow or ice. Funny how today is one of the coldest days this winter.

its damn cold, even some weenie crystals falling when I dropped the kids at school. Scooter any thoughts on later Sunday/Monday........its close.

Archived