• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Help us Obi-One-Marchobi... You're our only hope 3/1 Fantasy

HoarfrostHubb

SREFs warmed a tick on the front end but spread drastically increased in isotherms and the QPF was bumped up a solid amount...not exactly sure how to interpret that, but it likely means there is more front end thump and also certainly more disagreement on how far north the mid-level warmth makes it.

The 12 hr QPF didn't change too much to me. Is that what you looked at? I thought it ticked a bit south, if anything.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12 hr QPF didn't change to much to me. Is that what you looked at? I thought it ticked a bit south, if anything.

I'm comparing 54h on 21z to 60h on 15z. All of SNE is covered in over 0.50" of qpf by 03z Thu...15z run had no 0.50" in SNE except maybe over LL's head in SW CT.

I'm comparing 54h on 21z to 60h on 15z. All of SNE is covered in over 0.50" of qpf by 03z Thu...15z run had no 0.50" in SNE except maybe over LL's head in SW CT.

I see what you did. I was looking at the 12 hr period where it would precip the most. It looked like the thump was faster but also further north..maybe a combo although I suppose that would go hand in hand. The spread was nuts. Must be some warmer members there? The trend today was to get the WAA thump further north which is what I hoped for. Better shot to get acc snow with that.

I see what you did. I was looking at the 12 hr period where it would precip the most. It looked like the thump was faster but also further north..maybe a combo although I suppose that would go hand in hand. The spread was nuts. Must be some warmer members there? The trend today was to get the WAA thump further north which is what I hoped for. Better shot to get acc snow with that.

Yeah I was just looking at the front end stuff...if you go deeper into the event you probably bring more mesoscale aspect into the equation for qpf because it incorporates the more fickle round 2 of this system which a lot of models disagree on...some like the NAM (as tip mentioned) try to almost congeal the two phases and then end everything with a 6-10 hour SN- inverted trough. But that middle ground where the front end thump is trying to congeal with the 700mb deformation area as the low gets more strung out will create more uncertainty in the qpf. But yeah, the front end stuff prob sped up a tad, but the high to the north trended stronger...compare 54 and 60 hours on the two runs...the 1028mb isobar north of Maine got much larger...so I think that would help to make the front end thump more robust when you combine it with the ML punch from the SW not weakening or even slightly strengthening.

Yeah I was just looking at the front end stuff...if you go deeper into the event you probably bring more mesoscale aspect into the equation for qpf because it incorporates the more fickle round 2 of this system which a lot of models disagree on...some like the NAM (as tip mentioned) try to almost congeal the two phases and then end everything with a 6-10 hour SN- inverted trough. But that middle ground where the front end thump is trying to congeal with the 700mb deformation area as the low gets more strung out will create more uncertainty in the qpf. But yeah, the front end stuff prob sped up a tad, but the high to the north trended stronger...compare 54 and 60 hours on the two runs...the 1028mb isobar north of Maine got much larger...so I think that would help to make the front end thump more robust when you combine it with the ML punch from the SW not weakening or even slightly strengthening.

That's why I think the area maybe just north of you to Dendrite (just as a ball park region) has a decent shot of doing well. The 850 WF might be on the Pike so despite a min in QPF, I could see regeneration of snows to the north in that deformation area. Even the euro, which didn't have high QPF in that area..had that signal too. I love to see the NAM do what it did at 18z or move south, but for now..I think I'll try to push for a good WAA thump. The fact that I think the euro may nudge north a bit would still help areas near the Pike out. You must love all the erly inflow.

That's why I think the area maybe just north of you to Dendrite (just as a ball park region) has a decent shot of doing well. The 850 WF might be on the Pike so despite a min in QPF, I could see regeneration of snows to the north in that deformation area. Even the euro, which didn't have high QPF in that area..had that signal too. I love to see the NAM do what it did at 18z or move south, but for now..I think I'll try to push for a good WAA thump. The fact that I think the euro may nudge north a bit would still help areas near the Pike out. You must love all the erly inflow.

Yeah if we can stay cold enough in the MLs, then it would be a really good event for the ORH hills..esp the northern half where the spine goes up sharply....probably bigger totals than one would think based on qpf...that ENE flow with all the low level moisture is ideal for some upslope enhancement

I would think there def would be some 8''+ totals somewhere given the look of the SREFs and 18z models.

SREFs do have an area of low prob for 8" for N ORH county and S NH...like in the 10% range. Those are the only real ones on there...the other random bullseyes that appear are fake.

Archived