joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z model suite

Ian

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's see if maybe a further south solution might delay the system long enough to allow it to cut off further south vs. just moving out to sea

the weenie mind works in mysterious ways ;)

the flow is too fast throughout, it's more likely to get sheared out than amplify in any meaningful way probably. on another note, im not sure what the 84 hr NAM tells me other than it's not worth much.

the flow is too fast throughout, it's more likely to get sheared out than amplify in any meaningful way probably. on another note, im not sure what the 84 hr NAM tells me other than it's not worth much.

I don't know

there's something really different with the shape/trajectory of the trough over the US, like I've never seen since getting on the net in 96'

did you notice that it is currently in the mid 50's in the Canadian Maritime at 9PM while BWI is 23?

http://weather.unisy...c_con_temp.html

that's really wacky

if the shape of that trough holds, I think if we get a storm this weekend, the track is going to be different than any of us are now expecting

exactly what it may be, I certainly don't know that either

Same theory apply here with the PV over ME? Even though we're talking Day 2/3, still the evolution of the vortex over ME/NNE contrasts quite a bit with the GFS.

http://www.americanw...tward-too-slow/

Interesting observation. Agree that the two models are pretty far apart wrt that vortex. Many of the SREF 21z members show a much different scenario for the weather around here on Thursday than does the NAM. Possibilities, I guess.

I don't know

there's something really different with the shape/trajectory of the trough over the US, like I've never seen since getting on the net in 96'

did you notice that it is currently in the mid 50's in the Canadian Maritime at 9PM while BWI is 23?

http://weather.unisy...c_con_temp.html

that's really wacky

if the shape of that trough holds, I think if we get a storm this weekend, the track is going to be different than any of us are now expecting

exactly what it may be, I certainly don't know that either

well i was talking about the first system, just to be clear. i thought you were saying it might amplify late... i guess it's possible but the 500 low seems pretty constant throughout. im looking for more signs of the block moving west etc which i dont necessarily see in the nam but it is more apparently after that period on other models anyway. it's nina and these things are a pain but i like the overall look re: the weekend. too early to get extremely excited unless you are exciteable i guess.

Guest someguy

that could be the case Ian

However in this set up the southern s/w seen over NM is really back that and gone neutral already

Normally that could hurt the chances BUT in this case the flast flow having that s/w there and neutral may give us enough TIME for the northern branch to drop in

In otther words IF say he southern s/w thatis over NM on the 84 hr Nam was say over AL

in this fast flow the phase would occur OFF the coast and this would be BIG western Atlantic Low

ya follow?

Yeah, the 0z is killer with the NE h5 low..much farther south than 18 or even 12z

That's the key to the thu system or non-system, I think the latter is more likely. Where that vortex's location will also be important in determining what happens to the dec 19th storm. Looking at the nam, I can't really judge what it will do.

that could be the case Ian

However in this set up the southern s/w seen over NM is really back that and gone neutral already

Normally that could hurt the chances BUT in this case the flast flow having that s/w there and neutral may give us enough TIME for the northern branch to drop in

In otther words IF say he southern s/w thatis over NM on the 84 hr Nam was say over AL

in this fast flow the phase would occur OFF the coast and this would be BIG western Atlantic Low

ya follow?

im confused are we talking about the first (thursdayish) or second (weekend) system? i was just referring to the first one initially.

I'm thinking DT is on the second event---

that's what i thought... a long timer from the region taught me never to punt an opportunity so im still watching the first with half an eye. ;) the second i dunno.. fingers crossed.

that's what i thought... a long timer from the region taught me never to punt an opportunity so im still watching the first with half an eye. ;) the second i dunno.. fingers crossed.

Agree--but, it seems the more suppressed first event leads to a better second event. I've not checked the vorts over NE/Canada as vigorously as some have, so may its chance and really means nothing. I'd love to get 2-3 inches Thursday and 6+ over the weekend.

Archived