• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern shifted in this first week of February as anticipated by Will and others...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping for an inch or two is a completely pointless enterprise. All or nothing. I'll take a 10"+ storm, but otherwise, just end it.

Why hope for just enough snow to ruin the futility record?

You know it won't happen. People rooting for the record will go through March with no snow and be all happy, only to have some quick passing low bring Logan 1.5" on April 4th and ruin the record..lol. Personally, I don't root for it.

You know it won't happen. People rooting for the record will go through March with no snow and be all happy, only to have some quick passing low bring Logan 1.5" on April 4th and ruin the record..lol. Personally, I don't root for it.

And I can't wait to laugh my arse off...

But if you think about it...you'd win either way... IF you are going for the futility record and BOS gets pissed on with 1.3" on April 4th, you DEFINITELY get the first place prize of having experience the biggest cosmic dildo winter of all time!

lol oh I know, and I don't care up here anyway ... we fall squarely in the middle of sucky winters ... nothing extreme

But still, I'd rather not have any more "tastes" of winter. Why be reminded of what we didn't have this winter. Let's just move on. OR, as I said, I will accept a 10"+ storm. Either a full meal or nothing, no tastes

Hoping for an inch or two is a completely pointless enterprise. All or nothing. I'll take a 10"+ storm, but otherwise, just end it.

Why hope for just enough snow to ruin the futility record?

I can understand that, but even the surprise 1" last night on my car this morning, amid fat, floaty dendrites filling the sky, it really makes me want more of it. Even if its just an inch... there's something that tingles the insides like looking out the window and seeing that early morning darkness foggy look that only thickly falling snow can do.

It's so pathetic this winter you guys are now arguing over posts about snow, not the snow events themselves.

Seriously open the door walk outside and bask in the warmth. All you can do is laugh when a cold sunny day in February is 45-50.

38F and snowing here...albeit the most random, lame, weenie "flakes" ever

It will be better later

Even in a schitt pattern to end all schitty patterns, it can snow

Here is CPC's outlook for Feb 24-28...it matches up fairly well with the analog composite I posted a couple days ago in here

j7sqat.jpg

2eqeueo.jpg

A bit more bullish on the precip to our SW...but same general idea with the cold spilling over the top and with several shortwaves in the mix, there will probably be a few chances to get something wintry out of this...obviously its not January 2011 with an awesome block and great MJO support when it fizzled...but it should give some chances. Certainly it would be a change in the dry pattern we've had.

Man, just wave after wave on the gfs tues-fri. Thursday and Friday both look like rain, although on the 18z gfs it was a pretty good snowstorm for CNE on Friday morning. At least there's a chance and its not going to be another whiff OTS.

The second major event (next Saturday) looks decent for the Monadnocks as currently modeled by the 18z GFS...the first event is warm, and I'd imagine the boundary layer is cooked even after the 850 line passes as Tuesday and Wednesday look to be on the warm side with 850s pushing above 0C for much of SNE, limited snow cover, and the strong February sun.

Archived