Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb. 13-15TH Potential Winter Storm

PatrickSumner

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got about .2 of snow...a majority is melting on impact with the ground. Air temps around 32F and a somewhat warmer ground coupled with light rates is not allowing/ has not allowed efficient accumulation. I think most will be lucky to hit a half inch. Next round Wed-Thu could be more interesting if the temps just above the surface and at the surface cooperate, unfortunately most of that will be gone in a few days as temps will be climbing towards or above 40F by the weekend and early next week.

Even though it'll fall tonight, temps are really climbing today. Couple that with light rates and they'll be quite a bit of melting as it hits the ground. I think we'll do good if we get an inch. Meh.

It will be interesting to see how much sticks on the pavement. We were cold last night and although it's above freezing today it is not really warm. Could be a mixed outcome with sticking on some paved surfaces but not others?

It will be interesting to see how much sticks on the pavement. We were cold last night and although it's above freezing today it is not really warm. Could be a mixed outcome with sticking on some paved surfaces but not others?

Down to 34 on my thermometer, after a high of 37. That all being said, radar to our west looks less than stellar at the moment. Hopefully it fills in soon.

Snow has finally start here at my place (20 miles southeast of Lafayette). So for I have just a dusting. Pumped for this inch of snow.

I thought Fickle, IN was totally a made up (by you) town. A google search reveals that not to be true. Ha.

Anyways, pulses of decent snow here. Dusting is getting dustier.

I thought Fickle, IN was totally a made up (by you) town. A google search reveals that not to be true. Ha.

Anyways, pulses of decent snow here. Dusting is getting dustier.

lol, Fickle is an actual place with a sign and everything! I live about a mile from there, hence the "Heights" in my username. So much mythology!

My dust accumulation is quickly approaching broom-usage criteria.

I am loving this event, one of my favorite of the winter thus far just to stroll around in. No wind, relatively warm temps (28 °F), and beautiful flakes steadily coming down. If you use your imagination it feels like you're in a ski town on a spring night.

We're somewhere between 1 and 2".

I like this event too. We'll probably end up somewhere around an inch or just under, but I'm pretty sure someone in S Wisconsin will end up with over 2 inches. It seems areas just north of the city have been seeing moderate bursts of snow for the past five hours or so.

lol, Fickle is an actual place with a sign and everything! I live about a mile from there, hence the "Heights" in my username. So much mythology!

My dust accumulation is quickly approaching broom-usage criteria.

I had no idea it was on SR 28. I've probably driven through there a couple of times and never noticed. :lol:

But yes, the snow is broom worthy right now.

Archived