Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February Observation/Discussion

Isopycnic

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if this is a melting layer being picked up on MHX and RDU near Wilson. 50/37 @ PGV, 850's rights around 0C. MHX dual pole is showing ice crystals and just had a 35dbz return pass overhead without a drop.

Looked like it would snow for about 15 minutes. but I got exactly 3 drops on my truck.

Pondering if that is even worthwhile to report a "T" to cocohras tomorrow morning for that. :(

50.6 for the high temp today. Really cool and dreary this morning. It felt wintry but never anything other than rain fell. I have now had at least 0.01 inches of precip each day of February save two. (I think two of those days were just due to heavy dew, enough to measure in the Vantage Vue.) I picked up 0.04 inches today from showers this morning.

Light snow is still falling in NW NC (go figure). Check out Sugar's cam before the snow comes to an end... http://www.skisugar.com/sugarlive/

I have no idea how you can differentiate between what's falling out of the sky and what's due to the snow guns. Those guns are on full blast at that moment, so I have a hard time determining whether nature is producing snowfall or whether it's all man-made stuff.

I have no idea how you can differentiate between what's falling out of the sky and what's due to the snow guns. Those guns are on full blast at that moment, so I have a hard time determining whether nature is producing snowfall or whether it's all man-made stuff.

haha, 20/20 helps. Joking aside, look to the right side of the video feed and you will notice 9 times out 10 the wind is taking the snow away from this side. hence, anything falling on that side is usually snow. Now, of course I dont take this webcam as the truth as I also verify that snow is falling via various webcams placed throughout NW NC using www.highcountrywebcams.com

24.7 this morning at 6:07am. Right now at 25.1

Looking fwd to following the snow event this weekend as well as the cold. Gonna be a distracting day at work, lol.

Ya i think so too. I think we may get a pretty good snow out of this. Just the way the moisture is streaming and then having a good NW flow. I think maybe a range of 2-4 or 3-6 inches possible. I no that sounds crazy but i have seen this before.

Ya i think so too. I think we may get a pretty good snow out of this. Just the way the moisture is streaming and then having a good NW flow. I think maybe a range of 2-4 or 3-6 inches possible. I no that sounds crazy but i have seen this before.

Not crazy. Its funny to watch ppl get upset over the huge variation our region provides during NWFS. Your area, which I still am not sure where your at in haywood, but from your previous obs post during NWFS I can discern you could get that 2 - 4" by Sat afternoon.

We're going to fire up the snowgun Sat through Sun (about 26 hrs of snowmaking) as our amounts will be a dusting at best in the valley, so we need to get our fix via man made snow.

Archived