Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
My New Website

FoothillsNC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert, I also am one of those "lurkers" you speak of. I love this site and when I see your post I always stop and study it closely. You have so much knowledge that is missing with other sites. I'll still "lurk" here (so much talent), but I will definitely subscribe to your site !! I think you'll find lots of us lurkers there with our bags of popcorn!!! Let February begin !!! :popcorn: + :weenie: = :snowing:

Another lurker here! Very excited about your new website - will definitely be a subscriber!!! Hope you can give a little coverage for Mississippi!

thanks to everybody and yes it's going to be centered from east Texas to Va...all the Southeast. We're working fast as possible to get it done but lots of technical issues arise, so be patient and it should be coming along soon. For now atleast the wx is boring and warm, I think I'll have it atleast the banner and login info done by the weekend. I'll post here when its ready.

Looks good. keep up the good work!

thanks to everybody and yes it's going to be centered from east Texas to Va...all the Southeast. We're working fast as possible to get it done but lots of technical issues arise, so be patient and it should be coming along soon. For now atleast the wx is boring and warm, I think I'll have it atleast the banner and login info done by the weekend. I'll post here when its ready.

About time. One thing I noticed...when your forecast doesn't quite verify(which is not that often), you take the opportunity to do post-mortem and explain what happened to make the actual event turn out the way it did. Now that is exceptional. Best of luck with the new site, Robert. :thumbsup:

OK... ready for sign-ups! I'm still working on some technical issues and it will continue to be a work in progress for a while. Please let me know what issues you run across. I'm still not sold on the theme we're using and I might end up buying a better theme.

Needless to say, it's been a learning curve in understanding WordPress. Not my cup of tea really but I'll get it figured out pretty soon! If all goes well, in the future I think we'll try to move him to a CMS package like Contao that offers much more functionality and creativity than WordPress.

OK... ready for sign-ups! I'm still working on some technical issues and it will continue to be a work in progress for a while. Please let me know what issues you run across. I'm still not sold on the theme we're using and I might end up buying a better theme.

Needless to say, it's been a learning curve in understanding WordPress. Not my cup of tea really but I'll get it figured out pretty soon! If all goes well, in the future I think we'll try to move him to a CMS package like Contao that offers much more functionality and creativity than WordPress.

Thanks Steve, now if i can remember my log in..lol

As far as a front page theme I may have some ideas to send you

Couple of questions.....when I do the monthly sign up, will it remind me when it is time to renew? What about using my iphone...When I pay for the subscription will it be usable on phone and computer? Or will it be a sign in type of thing that I can access anywhere?

All of the free themes are pretty much the same. Most paid themes are a little more professional looking. What I don't like about WordPress is that designing pages sucks. It's meant for blog post, not web page design. So I take code that I create in DreamWeaver and make it fit in WP. I feel very constrained in what the design looks like even after modifying some of the CSS code. I had a semi-designed page http://wxsouth.com/index_new2.php to be the opening page but later discovered that it HAD to be a WP page.

I'm getting ready to do the 4th revision of my website and a friend that does website design for a living http://www.frontwavewebsites.com/ has offered to let me try one of his Contao templates and use his server for a testbed. I could sure gen up pages quicker with a CMS system than hand coding my pages. If we switch Robert's over it would be to something like that.

Couple of questions.....when I do the monthly sign up, will it remind me when it is time to renew? What about using my iphone...When I pay for the subscription will it be usable on phone and computer? Or will it be a sign in type of thing that I can access anywhere?

I'll check on the reminder part. It is currently set to auto renew. You can unsubscribe at any time and it will still let you access your subscription until it would have expired.

Right now I believe it's set to allow up to 4 different IP addresses within a specified amount of time. Keep in mind that any computer behind your network at home would count as only one. If you have an issue, we can take care of it for you. And please understand this is done to protect Robert and his content by preventing sharing while still allowing some flexibility for the subscriber.

I signed up last night, it is not hard at all. The year subscription saves you a little money. Everybody needs to sign up, it will be well worth it. I hope out of respect nobody copies his forecast or comments and post them on forum. Most all of us have public jobs. This is his job so everybody needs to pay for the information and not feed it to others. He is great at weather so give him the respect he deserves and sign up.

Robert I am glad you finally have it going. We have talked for months about it and I am glad it is up and running. I didn't do much just answered he questions you asked the best I could. Now bring me the snow that I charged you for answering your questions. :snowing:

Thanks Steve for all the great work! And thanks to everyone on the comments and patience. Its ready now, so hopefully I'll get many subscribers. Let's surpass JB or Accuwx. :D I'll be doing vids, and a lot of text updates, of course graphics when warranted, and a monthly newsletter in pdf format, and the first one is already on there. January 2012. I'll do a ton of interesting weather stuff that is somewhat unique and hopefully cover every part of the Southeast and South equally , from eastern Texas to Florida to the Virginias...that's where I'm aiming for all my coverage, and the region I feel comfortable with, although of course will get global as needed.

Contact me or Steve if any issues arise.

rob.

www.wxsouth.com

I'll check on the reminder part. It is currently set to auto renew. You can unsubscribe at any time and it will still let you access your subscription until it would have expired.

Right now I believe it's set to allow up to 4 different IP addresses within a specified amount of time. Keep in mind that any computer behind your network at home would count as only one. If you have an issue, we can take care of it for you. And please understand this is done to protect Robert and his content by preventing sharing while still allowing some flexibility for the subscriber.

4 is good....not a problem....just curious...in case I left a login open and went somewhere using my phone....thanks.

Archived