joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
My New Website

FoothillsNC

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed up last night, it is not hard at all. The year subscription saves you a little money. Everybody needs to sign up, it will be well worth it. I hope out of respect nobody copies his forecast or comments and post them on forum. Most all of us have public jobs. This is his job so everybody needs to pay for the information and not feed it to others. He is great at weather so give him the respect he deserves and sign up.

Robert I am glad you finally have it going. We have talked for months about it and I am glad it is up and running. I didn't do much just answered he questions you asked the best I could. Now bring me the snow that I charged you for answering your questions. :snowing:

+1

I just signed up with a yearly subscription with auto renewal and it worked flawlessly. The only issue is I could not pick a personal password once signing in, but I am sure that will be worked out soon. Give them patience please.

I want to affirm Powerstroke's comments that out of respect and good character, no one should copy forecasts or content and post them on forums. Robert is a professional and this is his livelihood just as JB and other are professionals and it is their source of livelihood. We all should be reminded that an indiciation of one's character is what one does when no one is looking, so don't share log ins or pass material around. One of the big misconceptions of the internet that everything is 'free'. Nothing is free and you have to pay for it in subscriptions or rotating ads, take your pick.

Everyone should sign up as $9.95 is very reasonable. No more than 3 cups of coffee, 2 visits to McDonalds etc, 2.5 gallons of gas/diesel..... you get the picture.

Best of success to WXSOUTH !

I signed up last night, it is not hard at all. The year subscription saves you a little money. Everybody needs to sign up, it will be well worth it. I hope out of respect nobody copies his forecast or comments and post them on forum. Most all of us have public jobs. This is his job so everybody needs to pay for the information and not feed it to others. He is great at weather so give him the respect he deserves and sign up.

Robert I am glad you finally have it going. We have talked for months about it and I am glad it is up and running. I didn't do much just answered he questions you asked the best I could. Now bring me the snow that I charged you for answering your questions. :snowing:

+1

I just signed up with a yearly subscription with auto renewal and it worked flawlessly. The only issue is I could not pick a personal password once signing in, but I am sure that will be worked out soon. Give them patience please.

I want to affirm Powerstroke's comments that out of respect and good character, no one should copy forecasts or content and post them on forums. Robert is a professional and this is his livelihood just as JB and other are professionals and it is their source of livelihood. We all should be reminded that an indiciation of one's character is what one does when no one is looking, so don't share log ins or pass material around. One of the big misconceptions of the internet that everything is 'free'. Nothing is free and you have to pay for it in subscriptions or rotating ads, take your pick.

Everyone should sign up as $9.95 is very reasonable. No more than 3 cups of coffee, 2 visits to McDonalds etc, 2.5 gallons of gas/diesel..... you get the picture.

Best of success to WXSOUTH !

+! :clap:

+1

Fixed. Now when you login there is an option on the opeing page to change your password.

Thanks Steve for all the great work! And thanks to everyone on the comments and patience. Its ready now, so hopefully I'll get many subscribers. Let's surpass JB or Accuwx. :D I'll be doing vids, and a lot of text updates, of course graphics when warranted, and a monthly newsletter in pdf format, and the first one is already on there. January 2012. I'll do a ton of interesting weather stuff that is somewhat unique and hopefully cover every part of the Southeast and South equally , from eastern Texas to Florida to the Virginias...that's where I'm aiming for all my coverage, and the region I feel comfortable with, although of course will get global as needed.

Contact me or Steve if any issues arise.

rob.

www.wxsouth.com

Robert

Don't forget about us after you several thousand subscribers!! :whistle: Accuwx lost over 60% of theirs when JB left :violin:

I'll be signing up. I hope you the best with this endevour. Maybe you can get Allan, Brandon , and other south Mets to contribute! Could become the new standard in weather forecasting?

Nah, let's keep Robert by himself. This is his career path now. He is going to make his living on this.

Maybe somebody else we know may need to go back to school and finish and get his red tag so he can get paid :whistle: ...... Mr. Harpe? What you think?

Will definitely be subscribing when I get the monthly cash flow settled (moving into a new place for pharm school, etc)...but when that happens, consider me a yearly subscriber. Good luck and looking forward to your forecasts and can't wait for your graphics, videos, etc.

Nah, let's keep Robert by himself. This is his career path now. He is going to make his living on this.

Maybe somebody else we know may need to go back to school and finish and get his red tag so he can get paid :whistle: ...... Mr. Harpe? What you think?

I wish he would and could! I think he finished just not the right degree or career path!

Lesson to all do what your passionate about and work will be more rewarding no matter what $ amount is attached to it!

Great site Robert! Love it!!!

Thanks, its coming along. I've got my work cut out for me, lots of data and maps , case studies coming up soon. Now we have Winter systems to follow,so I'm going to be jam packed for time. I've got quite a few subscribers, both monthly and yearly, from various states, even eastern Canada which is amazing. Florida too. I'd love to pick up more from Tennessee, Alabama and further west. I'm also on FB and Twitter. Lots of ways to keep up now in this quick, modern age.

Thanks, its coming along. I've got my work cut out for me, lots of data and maps , case studies coming up soon. Now we have Winter systems to follow,so I'm going to be jam packed for time. I've got quite a few subscribers, both monthly and yearly, from various states, even eastern Canada which is amazing. Florida too. I'd love to pick up more from Tennessee, Alabama and further west. I'm also on FB and Twitter. Lots of ways to keep up now in this quick, modern age.

Robert

love the post this morning! WOW! Looking forward to see how it all plays out. I hope everyone on this board subscribes after all of the information you have given us over the years for free. I feel you will do real well with this as it gets going.

Don't know if I am your first subscriber from Tennessee......... and even if I am, I am sure I won't be your last. Thanks Robert in advance for all your hard work. The site looks great, but it's the content that really excites me. Best of luck.

I see some of you mention that you signed up for a year... I do not see this option on the website as all I see is the 9.95 per month. How does one obtain this yearly option?

For right now, Robert has decided to just go with a monthly option. Once he sees how things are going he might reinstate that option again.

I see some of you mention that you signed up for a year... I do not see this option on the website as all I see is the 9.95 per month. How does one obtain this yearly option?

I suggest everyone sign up for this monthly option. That's very affordable.

Sign up now since it appears there may be some severe weather events in the near future! Gotta stay on top of it !

Thanks to everybody who signed up initially, and a while back. I just overhauled everything, much much better looking and flow, with a lot more info now. I'm going to combine the services of NWS, NCDC , Accuweather, and more into one neat package here. I made a better looking theme,and hope this allows me to branch out in all the areas I initially wanted to cover, which is primarily first and foremost: actual weather forecasting , in detail. Sorry we haven't had much to cover in this lousy Winter. But atleast we're active, and soon I'll have the monthly newsletter done, not to mention since we're active, I'll always have daily updates, several times per day, and pay special attention to detail, especially once I can get fully past the hard part of actually creating the website. Now I can hunker down and forecast, following events closely and forecasting in detail. In the downtimes (or between times), I'll be constantly putting in the data. Its a job, navigating the NWS individual offices and NCDC for the data is quite a job! But its worth it. I've often wanted a nice, concise place to find all the weather records (temps, precip, etc) all in one neat place, and for the Southeast that's exactly what I'm doing. In addition to case studies of all the major weather events, whether it be snow, ice, cold, heat, drought...you name it, I 'm going to cover it. So bear with me if I don't have your specific city covered yet, I'm going to do majors first, then mids, then all the co-op stations I can.

Feel free to comment, give advice and post pics of any weather events as well. I view this the way I do most things in life, its never really done. There's always something to do. In all of this my hope is I never lose the first love of forecasting. And trying to get it right, regardless of models.

Thanks. Check it out wxsouth.com

Foothills (aka, Robert)

Archived