joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DT, Henry M, Steve D, JB Talk

TheTrials

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henry bashing jb for saying historic storm, major damage etc meanwhile 2 days ago henry said it won't even snow. Lol 2 of the dumbest immaturest forecasters I've ever seen

JB nailed this one. Moreover, JB's 1928 analog storm was on the mark: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-east-snowstorm-20120423,0,4806133.story. Power outages are also being reported in some of the areas being hit by the storm: http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/northeast-weather/.

IMO, forecasters should focus more on trying to accurately forecast the weather than on trying to dismiss the forecasts of others.

Jb posted a picture with power outage map/ snowfall on highway. Henry tweets 2 min after no power outages and roads wet. Lol henry is being a real clown

The worst part about what Henry said is that the roads have NOTHING to do with the power outages. Most of the snow is falling with temps between 32-34 degrees. It's not a surprise it won't stick to the roads in late April! But it WILL stick to trees and powerlines at those temperatures!

JB is constant, all day long, post after post about AGW, the left and the president. It's an unhealthy obsession.

unfortunately the religious-like zealots promoting AGW are the ones that have current influence over many governments and the cesspool that is the UN.

JB's anger is completely justified, imo........although endless tweets on the matter probably does little good.

but JB also posts many pics of his hamsters. the man is a diversified twitt-tee.

But it WILL stick to trees and powerlines at those temperatures!

Not surprisingly, it's now being reported that some 75,000 customers have lost power. From MSNBC:

A powerful spring storm dumped snow across parts of the Northeast overnight -- including 10 inches in one town -- and cut power to more than 75,000 customers in Pennsylvania and upstate New York, with more snow expected during the day.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/23/11350754-spring-noreaster-cuts-power-to-75000-hits-town-with-10-inches-of-snow

To play devil's advocate...Henry did not hype as much as JB this winter and I believe that is what bit him in the behind because he was too skeptical of the Euro's solutions. Once the various NWS branches started hinting of the storm he should've woke up.

Even though the analogs of more realistic scenarios were being shown on CIPS, JB went for the extreme. I don't see any reports of almost 3' of snow in MD...do you?

Regardless...this is not a grey area. For each to claim victory is actually quite comical.

unfortunately the religious-like zealots promoting AGW are the ones that have current influence over many governments and the cesspool that is the UN.

JB's anger is completely justified, imo........although endless tweets on the matter probably does little good.

but JB also posts many pics of his hamsters. the man is a diversified twitt-tee.

Agreed, someone needs to balance out the other side.

Guest Pamela

Once I realized Henry's first name was Henry, I stopped following him. Never trust a man with the name Henry.

Only untrustworthy Henry I can think of is Hill...

To play devil's advocate...Henry did not hype as much as JB this winter and I believe that is what bit him in the behind because he was too skeptical of the Euro's solutions. Once the various NWS branches started hinting of the storm he should've woke up.

Even though the analogs of more realistic scenarios were being shown on CIPS, JB went for the extreme. I don't see any reports of almost 3' of snow in MD...do you?

Regardless...this is not a grey area. For each to claim victory is actually quite comical.

Henry did make a ridiculous storm of the century call for Feb like 3 months out of something like that...and also blamed the warm winter on the debris pool from the Tsunami...gimme a break.

Henry did make a ridiculous storm of the century call for Feb like 3 months out of something like that...and also blamed the warm winter on the debris pool from the Tsunami...gimme a break.

I was laughing my head off on all those myself. What's it any different than "Fab February" or the January '85 analog?

Again I stress...for both of them to claim victory with this storm is quite comical and the followers of both are the ones who suffered.

I was laughing my head off on all those myself. What's it any different than "Fab February" or the January '85 analog?

Again I stress...for both of them to claim victory with this storm is quite comical and the followers of both are the ones who suffered.

awful winter...JB trotted out every analog except 1899 and they all failed, failed failed. Even when it was obvious there was no cold coming, JB kept going balls to the walls with the calls for a pattern change...one would have thought 01-02 and 06-07 would have taught him a lesson...guess not.

Bastardi and Capitol Weather Gang arguing on twitter. Kinda funny, about correlation between warming climate and increase in home runs. Bastardi then restricts comparison May-Sept, baseball season, 1931-1959 vs 1983--2011--what Bastardi says the two warm cycles. His results showed the earlier period much warmer than the present one. My question: is our present warm period--regardless of what causes it--primarily due to winters like our recent one running above normal, and NOT the summer anomalies?

Bastardi then restricts comparison May-Sept, baseball season, 1931-1959 vs 1983--2011--what Bastardi says the two warm cycles. His results showed the earlier period much warmer than the present one.

Actually, the May-September 1983-2011 period was somewhat warmer than the May-September 1931-1959 period for the CONUS. NCDC data for the CONUS yields the following (months were weighted by number of days):

May-September 1931-1959: 68.9°

May-September 1983-2011: 69.2°

Some additional mean temperatures:

Spring (May): 1931-1959: 61.37°; 1983-2011: 61.78°

Summer (June-August): 1931-1959: 72.49°; 1983-2011: 72.83°

Fall (September): 1931-1959: 65.89°; 1983-2011: 65.91°

Annual: 1931-1959: 53.07°; 1983-2011: 53.63°

Personally, I suspect a 0.3° temperature difference would have a slightly positive, but probably immaterial impact. Neither McCarver nor Samenow disregarded other factors, even as JB totally disregarded any possible role for the warming climate. Other factors likely play the larger role, some positive, some negative. Better training would be a positive factor. Talent dilution on account of the greater number of professional teams would constitute a negative factor.

Bastardi and Capitol Weather Gang arguing on twitter. Kinda funny, about correlation between warming climate and increase in home runs. Bastardi then restricts comparison May-Sept, baseball season, 1931-1959 vs 1983--2011--what Bastardi says the two warm cycles. His results showed the earlier period much warmer than the present one. My question: is our present warm period--regardless of what causes it--primarily due to winters like our recent one running above normal, and NOT the summer anomalies?

the prevailing wind direction has some roll in home run production...Yankee Stadium had home runs galore in 2009...Not as many in 2010...The prevailing wind in 2009 was from the west nw towards right field...2010 was south south west towards left field but a sea breeze comes from right field...I suspect 2010 had more sea breezes...

Roids have to be factored into any comparision--anything from the late 90's to early 00's is asteriked****

I don't think people realize just how much juice can improve performance. Taking steroids can make a good guy great and a great guy a legend. Im a huge Yankees fan but have to admit the arod has and probably never will be the same since he gave up the shots.

I don't think people realize just how much juice can improve performance. Taking steroids can make a good guy great and a great guy a legend. Im a huge Yankees fan but have to admit the arod has and probably never will be the same since he gave up the shots.

He's won 2 MVP's since he stopped the roids. In 2007, after the roids, he had one of the best seasons ever. He won't be the same now because he will be 37 and is aging.

He's won 2 MVP's since he stopped the roids. In 2007, after the roids, he had one of the best seasons ever. He won't be the same now because he will be 37 and is aging.

:axe: stop drinking the kool aid...his decline since the roids stopped is remarkable

A-Roid , Bariod and the rest played in an era where roids were used...Who did and who didn't isn't clear...Only the ones that got caught will suffer...To me Roger Maris is still the single season home run king and Hank Aaron the lifetime king...

Actually, the May-September 1983-2011 period was somewhat warmer than the May-September 1931-1959 period for the CONUS. NCDC data for the CONUS yields the following (months were weighted by number of days):

May-September 1931-1959: 68.9°

May-September 1983-2011: 69.2°

Some additional mean temperatures:

Spring (May): 1931-1959: 61.37°; 1983-2011: 61.78°

Summer (June-August): 1931-1959: 72.49°; 1983-2011: 72.83°

Fall (September): 1931-1959: 65.89°; 1983-2011: 65.91°

Annual: 1931-1959: 53.07°; 1983-2011: 53.63°

Personally, I suspect a 0.3° temperature difference would have a slightly positive, but probably immaterial impact. Neither McCarver nor Samenow disregarded other factors, even as JB totally disregarded any possible role for the warming climate. Other factors likely play the larger role, some positive, some negative. Better training would be a positive factor. Talent dilution on account of the greater number of professional teams would constitute a negative factor.

Thanks Don for presenting a objective refutation to Bastardi's argument in that tweet. Facts speak for themselves. Either way, There's is certainly several components to the homer totals. As others said in this thread the steroid use is a big one. Sammy Sosa, Bonds, Macgwire, A-rod, Canseco are all "asterisked" forever as someone said. I also heard some time ago about the construct tion of the ball itself.

Archived