mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
The Thursday night Special

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't be less excited about tonight. Hoping it comes together but it's going to be a race as it crosses RI as to whether this gets going or not. Lots of people aren't going to be getting the 2-3" they thought...?

Eh, it could be a cool 2-3hrs as the band comes through. Should have great ratios too. I bet someone eeks out 3" or better.

I couldn't be less excited about tonight. Hoping it comes together but it's going to be a race as it crosses RI as to whether this gets going or not. Lots of people aren't going to be getting the 2-3" they thought...?

really? any snow is good snow, IMO.

i think it'll be "pretty good"....generally as advertised i think with a 1-3 type of situation. in some of the winters of this decade i guess we would kind of laugh at this one, but given how deep my snow pack is right now, i'm going to embrace every flake. LOL.

given the modeled lift and instability going for it...despite maybe being short-lived it could really come down at a good clip late tonight.

I was thinking similarly a few days ago, but model guidance continues to have a solid period of strong lift through the SGZ, with forcing for a consolidated band of snow. I think many areas will see 2-3" of very high ratio snow within a 2 hour period tonight.

Again, whatever anyway gets will sublimate, melt, and compact to nothing by the afternoon lol

really? any snow is good snow, IMO.

i think it'll be "pretty good"....generally as advertised i think with a 1-3 type of situation. in some of the winters of this decade i guess we would kind of laugh at this one, but given how deep my snow pack is right now, i'm going to embrace every flake. LOL.

given the modeled lift and instability going for it...despite maybe being short-lived it could really come down at a good clip late tonight.

Below...

I was thinking similarly a few days ago, but model guidance continues to have a solid period of strong lift through the SGZ, with forcing for a consolidated band of snow. I think many areas will see 2-3" of very high ratio snow within a 2 hour period tonight.

Again, whatever anyway gets will sublimate, melt, and compact to nothing by the afternoon lol

I trust you guys, you've all been saying the same things for a few days and I get that. I just get nervous when I see it's a last second deal to some extent...there's not much and then boom on all models a band explodes over us. I just think there's the potential for it to be more banded/choppy/showery and not a solid N/S line so that some get left out.

BUT, I'll be up watching because I think it's got the potential to be pretty damn cool. I just want to see consolidation as it's over Steve's head.

Below...

I trust you guys, you've all been saying the same things for a few days and I get that. I just get nervous when I see it's a last second deal to some extent...there's not much and then boom on all models a band explodes over us. I just think there's the potential for it to be more banded/choppy/showery and not a solid N/S line so that some get left out.

BUT, I'll be up watching because I think it's got the potential to be pretty damn cool. I just want to see consolidation as it's over Steve's head.

Well I think 1-3" is fair and if you get more than that..count it as a blessing. So therefore, anything in that range is reasonable imo. I could see some spots getting a bit more if everything came together in the particular region.

Well I think 1-3" is fair and if you get more than that..count it as a blessing. So therefore, anything in that range is reasonable imo. I could see some spots getting a bit more if everything came together in the particular region.

I'm going with .7 to 1.2 here, not that optimistic but hoping for the best. (think I'm going to bust high, could see us getting less than a 3/4")

no mention of the euro? it's really dry... the .1" liquid line goes from the eastern tip of LI to boston and nobody in SNE gets more than that until you go up to vt/nh/maine

Listen I'm only going to tell you the rules around here one more time. We only use the Euro when it's the snowiest like for Saturday's storm, otherwise it gets tossed.

The Euro IMO delivers some showery type, squally snows that aren't a solid band. To me it's a punt for 50%+ of the members here.

Listen I'm only going to tell you the rules around here one more time. We only use the Euro when it's the snowiest like for Saturday's storm, otherwise it gets tossed.

The Euro IMO delivers some showery type, squally snows that aren't a solid band. To me it's a punt for 50%+ of the members here.

it's odd that not a single poster in this forum has mentioned the euro until now... there's always the possibility that it's right

it's odd that not a single poster in this forum has mentioned it until now

I'd say it's par for the course. I'm glad you're the one pointing it out as if this flops tonight and we have a disjointed band of snowshowers across the region it'd be worth noting that's essentially what the Euro is showing right now.

The 18z NAM...sure it gets to .2"...but what it has is a band of snow and then a lagging band along the south coast that may well be a ghost which leaves us with a 30 mile wide band of "snow".....

If I get a 1/2" here I'll be happy, more than 1.5" and this will have dramatically overperformed in my eyes. The dynamics are there as the guys keep pointing out and many times that's all that matters.....

i'd put my money on scott anyday .

seems this is a robust little system with some dynamics and i'm not sure how the global euro picks up on these factors or others that may be relevant with the period of snow tonite

btw what did the euro show yesterday or last nite with the sytem (i would hope that it showed more) based on your comment?

Archived