wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV Banter thread

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so over this winter. I'm bummed because for some of our nicest days, I've been too sick to enjoy the nice weather.

My employer ruined winter for me last year when they decided they would no longer close for snow days unless there was a state of emergency declared. It used to be that 6 inches or more resulted in a pretty much automatic snow day.

With January in the books, does anyone know how this winter ranks so far in terms of warmest and least snowiest? Also, I've seen the graph on the NWS site that shows seasonal snowfall over the last few decades, but is there a definitive list (and perhaps sortable) that shows the snowfall amounts for each winter in Philly going back to the 1800s?

Edit: I found this, but it doesn't have anything after 2001-02.

http://www.fi.edu/weather/data2/wthrsnow.txt

After the last 2 winters, I really can't complain about this one being warm and relatively snowless.

Not staying up til 2 several nights per week to wait for the euro isn't bad. Spending an hour of my spare time a day checking on models, discos etc is ok by me for this year. I can take a season or two like this without losing my mind. Of course I'll take a 20+" March in a heartbeat if its on the table.

Archived