wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV Banter thread

NortheastPAWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for all the plow guys missing out on overtime. but I work in a body shop, I am paid flat rate and in the fall I was making close to 100 hours a week and every body was busy. winter is normally the most busy time of the year and all of our techs are just walking around twiddling their thumbs. we are barely making our 40 hours a week. there are no accidents and in turn there's no work. so at least in my case I grasp at straws for snow because I need a paycheck at the end of the week.

Based upon what exactly? The tangible data right now seem to allow for a ~10 dayish period of good teleconnections for winter fun around here, but that's about it. I know it's a banter thread and all, but it would be nice to read why you feel we'll be "rockin" for two months or so...

Based on absolutely nothing I'm just a weenie lolz

So far he has been the most accurate forecaster in here, he did mention big+ departures for december and january.

From October posted by himself on this board:

Due to the nature of this forecast, I will make it very brief. The annual number crunch for my research method reveals a very mild pattern for the Great Lakes and northeast lasting through much of December and January, but a flip-flop to a very cold pattern by end of February into March. This seems a lot like 1967 as an analogue, so it suggests the wait for big-time winter storms may require patience, but could eventually be rewarded, by a developing strong storm track dropping south from a position through the Great Lakes in late January to the east coast in February.

Would say that large anomalies are favoured in the pattern suggested, so could see anomalies of +4F or greater in December and January, and -4 F or lower in February.

The severe cold suggested for February will probably pool over central Canada and the north central states from late November to mid-January to fire up a storm track that will run something like KS-MN early in the season, MO-MI later in January, and eventually GA-seVA-NS by February, as the severe cold pool is drained out by deflation of a persistent east coast ridge in the first half of winter.

West coast may escape the direct influences of the western cold pool as a confluent jet stream near northern Vancouver Island drops southeast into the southern Rockies. This would favour heavy snowfalls in the interior parts of BC and southern Alberta, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, northern/central Utah, and Colorado this winter. It may favour heavy rains on the west coast including much of California.

Big storm dates for the east coast -- Feb 15-25 looks best.

Possible record warmth around Jan 7-10.

Not terribly different from 2010, I suppose ... which sounds good so ... patience !!!

Winter.

It is really really quiet here at the oil company, for a Monday, and it's Jan. 30th. Disaster of a heating season. Horrible first qtr. Company will not recover even if it does get cold for more than 2-3 day periods at this point.. I'm not too worried, but still I could show up tomorrow and find the place boarded up.

but on the other side of the hose, my friend at the n.j.shore,called because of the weather and promised me big lobsters when i vist this summer because of all the money saved on the fuel oil bill this winter...

It's right around 60 degrees in an around Philly today, so it's almost beach weather here as well.

61 here in the 3pm hour.

Forget the models.

Spring will be early.

It may not be the groundhog...

but it will definately be the fact I saw a

bright colored male red-winged blackbird this past Sunday.

This bird puts us 3 weeks early, so says the tealeaves.

very good Ray! Would you say we (us weenies) are somewhere between Stage 3 and 4?

I could be wrong but I don't think most posters here will enter 4, they are too well rounded for that (plus the bonuses of the last two winters are a big help, :lol: ). Most will probably skip 4 and go on to 5.

Archived