Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTP's forecast for Harrisburg will make your head hurt.

Friday Night

Cloudy. Snow or sleet after midnight. Light snow accumulation. Near steady temperature in the mid 20s. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Saturday

Cloudy. Snow or sleet or freezing rain likely in the morning...then a chance of freezing rain...rain...snow and sleet in the afternoon. Additional light snow accumulation possible. Highs in the lower 30s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Friday Night

Cloudy. Snow or sleet after midnight. Light snow accumulation. Near steady temperature in the mid 20s. East winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Saturday

Cloudy. Snow or sleet or freezing rain likely in the morning...then a chance of freezing rain...rain...snow and sleet in the afternoon. Additional light snow accumulation possible. Highs in the lower 30s. Northeast winds around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

:axe:

Some of us actually work in your region and live here like me. York to Baltimore is almost a region of its own. :snowing:

Yeah, I have noticed that since moving north - I can have sun with nada in Baltimore City while its storming in Hunt Valley (where my hubby works)

Friday Night

Saturday

LOL no kidding! That is a mess! :wacko2::lol:

Yeah, I have noticed that since moving north - I can have sun with nada in Baltimore City while its storming in Hunt Valley (where my hubby works)

Welcome to our little world.

Hunt Valley was where we occasionally go when we hooked out of school my senior year in high school. Well, twice there, four times to Baltimore.

I know quite a few people that commute to hunt valley from York. If you don't mind me asking, where does your hubby work?

Id rather not say publically. He is between Beaver Dam and 83... thats the best you will get :)

Welcome to our little world.

Hunt Valley was where we occasionally go when we hooked out of school my senior year in high school. Well, twice there, four times to Baltimore.

Thanks, Jamie :D

I love my subforum, don't get me wrong.... but I figured I could get the best of both worlds by popping in here too.

Id rather not say publically. He is between Beaver Dam and 83... thats the best you will get :)

Thanks, Jamie :D

I love my subforum, don't get me wrong.... but I figured I could get the best of both worlds by popping in here too.

I go to other subforums to browse around for other ideas, like the Mid-Atlantic and Philly.

Id rather not say publically. He is between Beaver Dam and 83... thats the best you will get

Thanks, Jamie

Lol I'm not terribly familiar with hunt valley so location means nothing. But if it's for a certain defense contractor there (as I have a hunch it might be, as I currently work for a different defense contractor and am all too familiar with security), I'm intimately familiar with their main product, as I was deployed to Iraq in a unit that utilized said product, with the PA guard.

Early looks at the Euro text data are colder aloft than the 0z run. MDT is just barely above freezing for one frame (0.3C) at 850mb. AOO and JST look to be mainly snow for the first time. QPF kinda lacking in the southeast, MDT was only printing out about 0.3". HGR has 0.16" total. I'm not too concerned about QPF issues at the moment, the Euro was really dry right up to the last minute with the rainy part of the last system. This overall setup is likely going to favor primarly frozen precip for most folks in here... the system is pretty weak to really make a devastating northward jog as well as make for any significant WAA aloft. SREFs are still pretty far north with their snow axis as of the 9z run, i'd like to see that come down a bit at 15z... and it probably should given the 12z NAM caving to alot more frozen. I'll probably work a map in later today/this evening.

What's up with the giant donut hole in the precip over Ohio?

Probably precip not reaching the ground. Eastern's HRR images notwithstanding this system isn't really strong enough to drop a lot of precip.

Can't see the in between hours, but looks like the Euro is coming in a tad cooler aloft.

Peeked at the EURO. No significant differences, very minor run-to-run changes that would be expected with any numerical guidance.

What are we looking at in IPT?? Looks like precip amounts say 2 or 3 inches from this weekends storm..borderline advisory event??

The Euro gave you a lil over 0.4", and your in the region with this system where i'd look for better than 10:1 ratios. Easily an advisory event as it stands from all models.

What are we looking at in IPT?? Looks like precip amounts say 2 or 3 inches from this weekends storm..borderline advisory event??

Looks like an advisory event for us. 27/12 here right now and completely overcast. Looks like some precip moving in from the west, and the hole around the radar here shows the dry air will eat up some of the precip. Not a bad thing really since it will cool us off. Should see some ground truth within a few hours.

Can anybody throw me a bone and post the Euro text for KMUI (Ft Indiantown Gap)? Thanks in advance.

Looks to be all snow and about 0.34"

SAT 06Z 21-JAN -3.3 -6.1 1024 51 100 0.02 555 536

SAT 12Z 21-JAN -4.2 -3.5 1019 87 100 0.19 554 539

SAT 18Z 21-JAN -0.9 -0.7 1018 82 64 0.13 555 541

Looks to be all snow and about 0.34"

SAT 06Z 21-JAN -3.3 -6.1 1024 51 100 0.02 555 536

SAT 12Z 21-JAN -4.2 -3.5 1019 87 100 0.19 554 539

SAT 18Z 21-JAN -0.9 -0.7 1018 82 64 0.13 555 541

Are you thinking our area stays mostly snow now this weekends? CTP still has us in a "wintry mix", which I am doubting seeing as how the models have trended colder.

Archived