Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a bad feeling about both storms. Can anyone blame me though, this winter has been unbearable.

You seem to have a bad feeling about every storm, haha. Although I can't blame you much considering how winter has gone so far. I think it's a good bet that we both get at least an inch on the ground at some point, from one or both storms. My best guess would be ~1" for Thurs and 2-3" with sleet as well this weekend.

Should have a much clearer idea of this event after tonight's runs.

-Was the 12z Euro just a off run (first run it went majorly warm in the upper levels)

-Was the 18z GFS just an off run (off hour run that does not bode with its recent trends)

Also the majority of the UKMETS free access variables (2m temp ect) will now be in range for the majority of the storm.

Yea i'd take the GFS and run.. and everyone else probably should too. Think thats the first all snow event in PA inside of 60 hours i've seen since October.

That statement in itself is just obscene. Hope it plays out. I think this clipper coming through is bringing a ton of cold air, and the gfs is catching on. Temps are below zero this evening in the upper midwest.

60 hrs out. Still plenty of time for the models to realize the Apps eat 90% of the moisture. :violin:

Haha. In all seriousness, the nao is heading south as well, so that should keep a limit on the northward track and influx of warmth. Plus this is not a big, wrapped up storm that would pull warm air up

That statement in itself is just obscene. Hope it plays out. I think this clipper coming through is bringing a ton of cold air, and the gfs is catching on. Temps are below zero this evening in the upper midwest.

Yea i like the simplicity of this setup. You have cold air to the north, and a wave rolling along straight across. No worries about a northern branch lakes low, coastal redevelopment, phasing/timing, etc. With that clipper going through before this wave and some fairly decent cold.. there should be enough of a press from the cold to keep alot of the area mostly snow with this weekend wave by keeping that low under PA. I'd still watch the I-76 corridor and under for mixing. Hopefully things start heading the way of this nice GFS run. There'd likely be a ribbon of higher snow ratios along or just a hair above the I-80 corridor with that GFS solution as well.

Archived