Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slid off road, waiting for AAA to come get us. A torch looks mighty good about now.

Sorry to hear about your driving (mis)adventue, Jamie. I hope all of you are ok, and there is minimal damage to your car.

As for the upcoming wintry event, it appears I'll only get to see the aftermath since I don't expect to be back in the state until very late Saturday or early Sunday.

We have to have 2" here on campus north of town. Roads were nasty coming into my dorm complex-took a taxi back and it slid a few times going up a hill. Looks like we have one more good band that could drop another inch.

Edit-maybe half an inch seeing as it's pretty narrow.

I was gripping the wheel hard coming down the hills on Atherton just now! Measured 2.25" on the sidewalk here at Copper Beech. BTW, I just transferred up here from the Harrisburg branch so if any of you fellow Penn Staters ever want to meet up, I'd be all for it!

I was gripping the wheel hard coming down the hills on Atherton just now! Measured 2.25" on the sidewalk here at Copper Beech. BTW, I just transferred up here from the Harrisburg branch so if any of you fellow Penn Staters ever want to meet up, I'd be all for it!

Yeah, I think they weren't expecting more than an inch or so and the normally good snow-clearing team was a bit taken by surprise. College and Beaver were ok, but on campus it was definitely dicey. I'd estimate close to 2.5" here just on the parking lot outside. Almost came up to my ankles since I was wearing my running shoes like an idiot!

Looks like we have one final round to push us up to close to 3" here. And only 24 hours or so until we look to start adding up more snow. Can't wait!

Snowin hard with the frontal band overhead. Looks like we're gonna hammer out somewhere between 2-3 inches total by the looks of what's there and whats gonna be falling before it shuts off.

I didn't expect more than an inch or so seeing the snow dying off before reaching us this afternoon. Now if we can just get the next event to overperform as well...

Which Copper Beech? I live in the one on West Aaron.

I have to admit, I was very surprised to see this much snow here in State College.

NAM is looking pretty good for a swath of 6+ inches for a good area of central PA!

Just got home....needed to be towed. Learned my lesson, all weather ain't gonna cut it (have snow tires on our other car but had the Mazda5).

We have 4.3 on the ground. Wow, what an overperformer. I don't know if you guys saw the band over western Centre earlier, but that's why we got so much.

The tow truck driver was bitching on the way home about the blown forecast.

Just got home....needed to be towed. Learned my lesson, all weather ain't gonna cut it (have snow tires on our other car but had the Mazda5).

We have 4.3 on the ground. Wow, what an overperformer. I don't know if you guys saw the band over western Centre earlier, but that's why we got so much.

Glad to hear you got home safely, though. :)

First guesses

UNV 2 to 4

IPT 2 to 3

MDT 3 to 7

AOO 3 to 6

HGR 1 to 3 to MIx

JST 3 to 6

Have a gut feeling UNV and IPT could end up north of the heaviest precip.

I'm pretty confident UNV won't get less than 3 inches. :)

I know I saw it, like I said..that heavy band resided over my head for almost an hour and nothing but flurries fell the whole time. Glad you got home in one piece. Did you run into you trouble on I-99?

My weenie eyes got the better of me, thought maybe between 2-3inches total but just measured around 2".

Glad to know this clipper didn't take out anyone! A 2wd van with normal tires sounds like hell with the streets pretty rough. I think most of us in the State College area are pretty happy about the totals.

Which Copper Beech? I live in the one on West Aaron.

I have to admit, I was very surprised to see this much snow here in State College.

NAM is looking pretty good for a swath of 6+ inches for a good area of central PA!

Oh cool, I'm up the road at the Oak Hill complex. Yea, I was really surprised as well. Like Itunis was saying, when the snow shield seemed to be getting eaten up just to our west late this afternoon I pretty much wrote this off as a non event.. Then BAM!, the good stuff. Really liking the trend heading into this weekend event!

Oh cool, I'm up the road at the Oak Hill complex. Yea, I was really surprised as well. Like Itunis was saying, when the snow shield seemed to be getting eaten up just to our west late this afternoon I pretty much wrote this off as a non event.. Then BAM!, the good stuff. Really liking the trend heading into this weekend event!

Yeah I was at 5 guys and a hookah bar most of the evening so was shocked to see how nicely it came down. Not to get too OT-but are you a junior? That's when it seems like most people transfer to UP.

Yeah I was at 5 guys and a hookah bar most of the evening so was shocked to see how nicely it came down. Not to get too OT-but are you a junior? That's when it seems like most people transfer to UP.

Chronic Town is a hidden gem. I love that place.

I know I saw it, like I said..that heavy band resided over my head for almost an hour and nothing but flurries fell the whole time. Glad you got home in one piece. Did you run into you trouble on I-99?

My weenie eyes got the better of me, thought maybe between 2-3inches total but just measured around 2".

Yeah, that's so strange about you getting flurries - you saw my 511 traffic cam....talked to my neighbor when he called to see if we got home okay and he was telling me the snow became heavy when he got home at 5.

We got stuck right there where N Atherton ends at Valley Vista and you go to either get on I99 or go the old say over Skytop that cross 550. We skidded off the road right under the highway sign. I was freaked out how bad our car was handling it wasn't like that last winter, but it's so frustrating our Altima with the snow tires was at home.

Archived