• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Central PA Thread

I'm starting to eye the precip that comes late Sunday pretty closely. This would be rather unexpected since the upcoming snow is getting all the attention. Looks like a good chunk of the state could see Advisory level ice out of it before changing to rain early Monday morning.

12z NAM - most of this is ice, especially in true central PA.

12znamp24_NE072.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to eye the precip that comes late Sunday pretty closely. This would be rather unexpected since the upcoming snow is getting all the attention. Looks like a good chunk of the state could see Advisory level ice out of it before changing to rain early Monday morning.

12znamp24_NE072.gif

Been watching that too. Been getting more cold and more qpf each run too.

12znamp24_NE072.gif

wow, that could be ugly for Monday commute. .25 on nam. GFS show it being to warm at mdt and .429"

12znamp24_NE072.gif

I was starting to wonder about Sunday too... with a good fresh snow pack and high pressure to the north/northeast temperatures could remain cold enough long enough for ice accumulations for at least central PA... 850mb temps will be too warm for snow but a cold snowy surface would quickly turn the rain to significant ice ahead of the front

that looks like about .50 for us. did the qbf go up a tad?

text output of GFS is close to .6" but very boarderline upper level temps... this could very well end up something where someone stays all snow and a couple miles away has mixing issues ... NAM closer to .5" with 850mb temps also hanging around 31-32F

Wow. Only 18 outside...but it actually feels nice out with the sun. Ground temps won't be a worry with this one...

Well, over in some of the other forums you might find a few who would attempt to argue ground temps are a worry here.

We got down to 2.7, currently 17.3. The temp fell from 9.6 at 6:30 to 2.7 at 7:41, which was interesting to see.

Well, over in some of the other forums you might find a few who would attempt to argue ground temps are a worry here.

We got down to 2.7, currently 17.3. The temp fell from 9.6 at 6:30 to 2.7 at 7:41, which was interesting to see.

Ground temps can be a factor in accum, especially on roads/concrete, but some take it pretty far.

I'm surprised at how cold you get. I don't think we got below 10 here in town.

Archived