amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprise!!!!!! :facepalm:

Only makes me wonder what ctp will do....

Yea i'm going through thoughts of what their alignment is gonna look like. Pittsburgh's point totals on their snowmap are all within a few tenths of 5 inches in the advisory range and even 3.5" in the city proper. They're def thinking on the colder end of things and not a major warm penetration into SW PA, which has implications for the Laurels. That might mean less freezing rain and potentially not warning criteria ice. Really tough call as the QPF depending on the model skirts either side of that verifying a warning line as all snow. I think CTP would've been better suited by just putting watches up for the coverage area from say about southern Clinton/Lycoming south. I mean they still can, as the storm likely won't be impacting until later Friday evening. That would be my call. I mean its either gonna be a high end advisory (4-6") for all snow regions with the potential of somewhere within the I-80 corridor to have more of a 6-8" type deal with greater than 10:1 ratios or a high impact (advisory snow and ice) event. And then theres the extreme southern tier that may see the 1/4" of ice.

Yea i'm going through thoughts of what their alignment is gonna look like. Pittsburgh's point totals on their snowmap are all within a few tenths of 5 inches in the advisory range and even 3.5" in the city proper. They're def thinking on the colder end of things and not a major warm penetration into SW PA, which has implications for the Laurels. That might mean less freezing rain and potentially not warning criteria ice. Really tough call as the QPF depending on the model skirts either side of that verifying a warning line as all snow. I think CTP would've been better suited by just putting watches up for the coverage area from say about southern Clinton/Lycoming south. I mean they still can, as the storm likely won't be impacting until later Friday evening. That would be my call. I mean its either gonna be a high end advisory (4-6") for all snow regions with the potential of somewhere within the I-80 corridor to have more of a 6-8" type deal with greater than 10:1 ratios or a high impact (advisory snow and ice) event. And then theres the extreme southern tier that may see the 1/4" of ice.

6Z NAM in 15-25 mins will tell a good story of what they should do. If it goes colder ya watches/warnings needed.

Mag, what time does this look to start in the Pittsburgh area, and finish, for that matter? 8PM-Noon seem like a good timeframe?

Yea that should be a pretty reasonable timeframe. Likely one of those quick 12 hour or so events with a 4-6 hour period of the heaviest precip.

Finally a all PA event, look at that. Stops right at MD line pretty much.

Yea an immediate nit pick of my map would be to connect my 3" lines nosing down out of the bottom of the map and connect them skirting them right near the mason-dixon. Ah well, theres 12z to get through.

Sure, this storm is like the Chiefs vs the Packers. It was a great win ie sweet storm, but ultimately it means nothing if you don't make the playoffs. I'm pyched for the storm, but it is all for not with a GLC wipping it all away in a few days,

Any snow is worth it. Even if it melts the next day.

Archived