• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Jan 2012 Banter Thread

LongBeachSurfFreak

Thanks! When I said week, I meant today through Tuesday. I should have been clearer.

Its warm through Thursday morning. Then average temps through Sunday. The cutoff causes warmth for 1 day and then the PNA ridge takes over after day 7 and it gets cold.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

56 degrees and downright beautiful blue skies. Another great day to finish a great month of January weatherwise. This weather is absoultly awesome!

I agree. We have not had 3 days in a row of cold all winter. I dont even feel like it was winter at all. Sure it has been a little chilly some mornings and i have worn my scarf, and we had 5 inches of snow, which melted in 1 day each time...but this is what winter must be like normally in Norfolk or Virginia Beach. Not bad.

56 degrees and downright beautiful blue skies. Another great day to finish a great month of January weatherwise. This weather is absoultly awesome!

How is it awesome? It's not like this will be the last time you'll see weather conditions like this. We'll have a good 3 months of this kind of weather very soon, except even warmer, and then several months of heat.

Again if I wanted this type of weather year round, I'd move to southern California, Arizona, or Florida.

I agree. We have not had 3 days in a row of cold all winter. I dont even feel like it was winter at all. Sure it has been a little chilly some mornings and i have worn my scarf, and we had 5 inches of snow, which melted in 1 day each time...but this is what winter must be like normally in Norfolk or Virginia Beach. Not bad.

Yea, this really has been an awesome winter, the best I can remeber in quite a while. We will be near 60 again tommorow, bring it on.

How is it awesome? It's not like this will be the last time you'll see weather conditions like this. We'll have a good 3 months of this kind of weather very soon, except even warmer, and then several months of heat.

Again if I wanted this type of weather year round, I'd move to southern California, Arizona, or Florida.

Im not going to move my entire life away from New York in order to see warmer weather. But I can root for and enjoy it along with 98% of the rest of the population.

Agree.How can anyone like 60's in Jan?

Yea, this really has been an awesome winter, the best I can remeber in quite a while. We will be near 60 again tommorow, bring it on.

:banned: :banned:

Well, we hit 62 here. Which means my interest in winter weather is waning. Bring on spring and baseball.

How can we bring on spring when spring never ended?

Most winters I'm usually pretty excited/pumped when we get 60+ temps in late Jan/Feb, as it starts to get that spring/summer fever going. This year - no such emotion. It's pretty much just same old song and dance; I've gone outside in shorts/t-shirt more times than ever for the Dec-Jan period. I feel like I'm still waiting for winter, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of colder days in April this year than we've got right now.

Most winters I'm usually pretty excited/pumped when we get 60+ temps in late Jan/Feb, as it starts to get that spring/summer fever going. This year - no such emotion. It's pretty much just same old song and dance; I've gone outside in shorts/t-shirt more times than ever for the Dec-Jan period. I feel like I'm still waiting for winter, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of colder days in April this year than we've got right now.

and you can bet that when it happens Im gonna troll the sh*t outta the crybabies here who run inside when its below 40º.

:devilsmiley:

Same, and I grew up in VA for crying out loud. I've been running outside like its late Oct. Only a handful of times have I actually had to wear my winter running gear.

Again, not complaining. We needed a break after the past two winters.

I got a great deal on a new snowblower yesterday... good time to buy... now that I have one, I'm sure it won't snow the rest of the winter.. lock it up..... Nice day outside, by the way... Love it! If it's not gonna snow, I will take this weather anyday.. Let it be cold only on the days it has to snow and torch every other day :sizzle:

I got a great deal on a new snowblower yesterday... good time to buy... now that I have one, I'm sure it won't snow the rest of the winter.. lock it up..... Nice day outside, by the way... Love it! If it's not gonna snow, I will take this weather anyday.. Let it be cold only on the days it has to snow and torch every other day :sizzle:

kind off topic-y....but did you grow up in Nanuet?

my dad bought one--for $600--under my suggestion and we've only it used once, on a 3-inch "snowstorm"... :axe:

my dad bought one--for $600--under my suggestion and we've only it used once, on a 3-inch "snowstorm"... :axe:

I got one of those big monster snow blowers.. the one I had was like a baby's toy.. things were breaking off of it left and right.. I had to get another one.. If it doesn't snow, I'll use it as a document shredder.. lol

I got one of those big monster snow blowers.. the one I had was like a baby's toy.. things were breaking off of it left and right.. I had to get another one.. If it doesn't snow, I'll use it as a document shredder.. lol

haha! yeah we got the big one an it was delivered by an 18-wheeler trailer! :bag:

but it's helpful, it took us maybe 15 minutes to clear the driveway from that last storm...

we had this electric snow blower for last winter and it was harder than shovel...

SnowJoe_Plus322P_Snow_Blower.jpg

I'm curious why you post on a weather forum. People post on here because of their interest in weather... you dont seem to have any. You should be posting on an outdoor life board or something. :whistle:

Archived