Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Analysis and Guidance Page

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes, a pretty hostile response from a website owner who is trying to draw more viewers. :lol:

LOL... he definitely made his point... he showed me the calculations though (I'm one of his friends' cousins) and it's pretty obvious that freely available loops would sap resources (especially hard drive speed and network bandwidth) away from map generation in a hurry... so it was either slow site (NCEP, anyone?... or TwisterData is more like it since he mentioned map generation) or no loops. Parodoxically he can't pay for the better server that would be needed in order to have free loops, unless he doesn't have free loops.

the problems continue

takes forever to load a page during a model run...have to wait for an hour after the model runs to be able to open pages with normal speed

when i hit next on the 4 panel page to get to the next hour...i see wrong images..missing images...i see images from the last run etc...

those people over there are absolute morons for taking what they had and making it worse and then after months of crappy performance, they still havent fixed it.

Morons and Idiots..

working on it?? Its been like this since November? It was fine last year? What are they working on? They are probably inept and they certainly do not care.

What a classless bunch of people

Wow. That's not over the top nor 'classless' at all. The stuff is available for free in so many places. Or, better yet, since NCEP is kind enough to make all of the output available for free in real time....feel free to go ahead and make plots yourself if you're so inclined.

Wow. That's not over the top nor 'classless' at all. The stuff is available for free in so many places. Or, better yet, since NCEP is kind enough to make all of the output available for free in real time....feel free to go ahead and make plots yourself if you're so inclined.

I recommend this software for that purpose.

http://opengrads.org/

LOL... he definitely made his point... he showed me the calculations though (I'm one of his friends' cousins) and it's pretty obvious that freely available loops would sap resources (especially hard drive speed and network bandwidth) away from map generation in a hurry... so it was either slow site (NCEP, anyone?... or TwisterData is more like it since he mentioned map generation) or no loops. Parodoxically he can't pay for the better server that would be needed in order to have free loops, unless he doesn't have free loops.

I think earthlight was making the point it's kind of a dick move to correct someone's typo and then ask them for money. I, too, thought the correction was unnecessarily passive-aggressive. Just answer the man's question...

That.

lol @ this thread. This is why the NWS should only output raw data to the public.

yea i am still having the same issues, PLEASE go back to what we had

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think the old site is ever coming back. The 'upgrade' from the MAF to the MAG was more than just the website/interface (it also had modification to where and how the graphics were produced, uploaded, etc.).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think the old site is ever coming back. The 'upgrade' from the MAF to the MAG was more than just the website/interface (it also had modification to where and how the graphics were produced, uploaded, etc.).

Can't they bring back the old interface though, even if the maps are new?

I suppose someone could use the information they provide about the file structure to make their own interface to the same graphics. If I had a work ethic bone in my body, I'd do that.

InstantWeatherMaps and WeatherGeek Pro did just that (WxGeek only partially) for Apple Devices (and WeatherGeek for Android). I believe there's a website somewhere that did it as well, but also only partially...

I suppose someone could use the information they provide about the file structure to make their own interface to the same graphics. If I had a work ethic bone in my body, I'd do that.

They provide this information, though it's a bit hidden now. It's linked to on the (ugh) PDF if you click "Read Latest Information and News" link on the MAG site, and it was also heavily advertised on the webpage and (maybe) the PNS notifications sent out before the change.

http://mag.ncep.noaa...ranslation.html

It's been slow for me at times but I use the page heavily and once I got used to the interface, it was fine.

I have no problems with the interface at all and it actually didn't take long to get used to at all...in fact I actually like it.

It's just incredibly mind boggling all the issues that are occurring and have been occurring since this went into testing. Nothing has been resolved and it doesn't appear as if anything has really been done to resolve them. The same issues just keep popping up over and over.

the biggest annoyance is that the issue of slowness/errors seems to be in the coding of the page or something? loading each image if you just have the image URL and change the numbers is not nearly as slow (it's basically instantaneous) as clicking next the prescribed way. there must be a way to fix the issue to make it smoother.. why not do so?

the biggest annoyance is that the issue of slowness/errors seems to be in the coding of the page or something? loading each image if you just have the image URL and change the numbers is not nearly as slow (it's basically instantaneous) as clicking next the prescribed way. there must be a way to fix the issue to make it smoother.. why not do so?

Interesting...will have to do it that way and see how that works.

I've also noticed that the NAM seems to run much faster and a bit more smoother than the GFS does.

This is a legit question/suggestion to be passed to the folks in charge of the page.

Archived