Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Analysis and Guidance Page

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's 18z NAM run only showed 7 frames on the NCEP site for the 850mb temp/precip/MSLP parameter, and interestingly has a different number of frames showing up for different parameters (more frames for the 500mb heights/vorts, and one less frame for 300mb winds). A typical NAM run has 29 frames. Strange how these problems have only been happening with the 18z NAM and GFS runs...

Here's tonight's 18z NAM at hour 60.

post-105-0-43202100-1350341466_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

There are occasional images that don't get generated for whatever reason, both on the MAG site and Allan's

I created pages for 60% of the NWS GFS MAG images, all of mine are loops though. You'd have to manually advance (or go backward) to get to a specific frame. At the top of each of those pages are links to each of the 4 model runs and the other GFS loops that are available. At least for me, it made it easier to go directly to any of the loops I've created so far. Here's one... http://www.daculawea...00_nws_loop.php

I try to fade between images to give you more of a sense of motion... don't know if that works for you or not! :-)

The new page is still one of the slowest sites on the internet and slower than the old site. Will anything be done about this?

Agreed its painstakingly slow to load images/change model runs or basically anything. I still don't understand why they changed it from the old site. It was quick and easy to navigate.

• 2 weeks later...

Broke it. Damn. First the ERH servers crash leading the most boring weather entry page ever. Then the guidance page breaks for one of the first major snowfalls of the season.

NOAA FTW.

Ewall is nice but it doesn't display all the same products....some of which...like the High Res Models run out to 48 hours...are super critical to mountain snowfall predictions.

NCEP Operational Status Message

Thu Dec 27 14:53:51 2012 GMT

NOUS42 KWNO 271452

ADMNFD

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE

NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD

1450Z THU DEC 27 2012

12Z NCEP MODEL PRODUCTION IS ON TIME..

THE MODEL ANALYSIS AND GUIDANCE WEBSITE AT MAG.NCEP.NOAA.GOV

REMAINS DOWN. THE WOC IS INVESTIGATING THE ISSUE...ETA IS

UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME.

SHIREY/SDM/NCO/NCEP

Hopefully they will address the underlying issue now that the page went down. The server is slow and does not handle a lot of traffic very well. If the server was supposed to be fast, something is broke.

Yeah I had noticed it very slow to cycle through model pages individually but it always seemed to be able to load the loops fine......anyway hopefully they get it running soon....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived