joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12-14 Potential storm

dilly84

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

03z is pretty jacked for much of this area. Shows 7" just east of here. My 2-3" call from earlier would really end up low-balling it if that were to work out. Will make a final call tonight, but I'm thinking more like 4-5" now for this area. DVN only going with 2-4" despite the WSW, so they're staying conservative as well.

03z is pretty jacked for much of this area. Shows 7" just east of here. My 2-3" call from earlier would really end up low-balling it if that were to work out. Will make a final call tonight, but I'm thinking more like 4-5" now for this area. DVN only going with 2-4" despite the WSW, so they're staying conservative as well.

Situation still seems pretty fluid, I like where i sit and am going bullish but there is certainly time/room for shifts, I think we'll see offices ramp up or down after the 12z models.

worth watching

http://weather.gov/sat_loop.php?image=wv&hours=24

lol'd so much seeing the 6z NAM... clown maps had 7-10", as did BUFKIT. Even the GFS was over 5"

After loosing BOTH my PCs last night to malware infection (compliments of Twister Data) im virtually blind and struggling with the iPhone.

Was the 6z showing a healthy dry slot also. I believe your in the Toledo area?

Trends continues to improve, stronger, wetter, south, longer. Of particular note is the duration which is key to realizing heavy amounts without a real moisture connection. When you combine the dynamics of a rapidly developing low, deep DGZ, duration and increasing model consensus on .5+ QPF (omg at the 0z gfs mean)......my initial call was too low. Revised IMBY call for 8.5".

99% chance that magnificent Illini win is influencing my call...still smiling.

Chicago record-low-season-snow watch cancel. And its not yet mid-January. This is EXACTLY why I had been harping that all these end-of-season predictions (for various places) made by many on here were way, way, WAY too soon!

After loosing BOTH my PCs last night to malware infection (compliments of Twister Data) im virtually blind and struggling with the iPhone.

Was the 6z showing a healthy dry slot also. I believe your in the Toledo area?

I'm in Bowling Green, which is about 20 miles south of TOL/TDZ

NAM screwed SEMI (specifically DTW) with <2", while NWOH got about 6-10. The BUFKIT warehouse cobb method put out about 8-9" where I'm sitting right now.

It's higher then that..

0.23-0.28"

Still yields a 2-4" for the area

Looks like a very long duration event here, with the two L's. DTX going with light rain tonight through late tomorrow afternoon, mixing with then changing to snow in th evening, snow continuing all night then numerous snow showers Friday. They say a widespread 2-4" snow over the 36-hour period.

Just a quick map I put together with my thoughts. High snow ratios and the deep dendritic growth zone should be quite efficient in snow production across Eastern Iowa, Wisconsin, Northern Illinois, Northern Indiana and Western Michigan. My 5-9" range could be a little underdone in some areas.

Why the abrupt end in eastern MI? Or is it just bc its the northeast portion of your map is not your main concentration area?

Looks like a very long duration event here, with the two L's. DTX going with light rain tonight through late tomorrow afternoon, mixing with then changing to snow in th evening, snow continuing all night then numerous snow showers Friday. They say a widespread 2-4" snow over the 36-hour period.

Sounds about Right. Nice 3" event is fine by me.

I said it the other day With this kind of pattern change, there will be several shots of 1-3" type snows. There's a clipper shot late weekend for another couple inches.

Next 3-4 Weeks will get pretty entertaining around here

There's always a possibility they make a run at it. Lol

Yeah, there is. Theres also a possibility that snowmageddon hits in March and they get the snowiest winter on record. Neither is a likelihood. I dont care if a winter pattern NEVER settles in this year, your chances of going at least 3 months (with likely above normal precip no less, ala Nina) without logging that amount of snow is so slim its not even worth mentioning until at the earliest late February. Actually, Im kinda ticked that the heavier snowfall will be over that region, even if we do get several inches. But you cant control the weather, oh well.

Yeah, there is. Theres also a possibility that snowmageddon hits in March and they get the snowiest winter on record. Neither is a likelihood. I dont care if a winter pattern NEVER settles in this year, your chances of going at least 3 months (with likely above normal precip no less, ala Nina) without logging that amount of snow is so slim its not even worth mentioning until at the earliest late February. Actually, Im kinda ticked that the heavier snowfall will be over that region, even if we do get several inches. But you cant control the weather, oh well.

Will all finish about 10-15" below average when all done

Will all finish about 10" below average when all done

Id actually rather finish like that (approx 32-33") and get a sustained cold spell that sustains a snowcover, than finish at 50" but never hold a snowcover for more than 5 days or so with a Nina-like temp roller coaster. Its hard to believe weve logged almost 6" so far, doesnt feel like it at all. So now lets get some snow and make it stay!

I'm in Bowling Green, which is about 20 miles south of TOL/TDZ

NAM screwed SEMI (specifically DTW) with <2", while NWOH got about 6-10. The BUFKIT warehouse cobb method put out about 8-9" where I'm sitting right now.

Nice system it looks like for us. Idk about these big numbers but looking at the setup I'd take the probably 3-4" for NW Ohio. Btw the NAM is also really bringing the wind in as well, 30 mph for some parts of the storm. Talk about bringing the heat. However its numbers are way higher than others so I'm a little concerned about the strength it's predicting

Archived