joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Heart of Winter

Allenson

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just sitting here thinking of telling the work peeps 4-7 or 5-8. Sleet amount will determine high or low range.

Depending on what model you want to use, I think coastal areas will possibly mix with some sleet, I could see that happening where you work in portland thats for certain, I am safe here for now pending todays 12z runs

Man the UKMET and Canadian especially are awesome for you Maine folks.

CMC:

f72.gif

Over here we miss the best lift with the first round, but the upper level snows look pretty darn good on a lot of the models. And those big vort max upper level low systems are usually quite profitable. In 12 hours the CMC has around 0.5" of QPF in this area with the upper level low.

f96.gif

Man the UKMET and Canadian especially are awesome for you Maine folks.

CMC:

f72.gif

Over here we miss the best lift with the first round, but the upper level snows look pretty darn good on a lot of the models. And those big vort max upper level low systems are usually quite profitable. In 12 hours the CMC has around 0.5" of QPF in this area with the upper level low.

f96.gif

Yeah PF, I like where we sit for the moment, The only fly possibly could be some mixing but we have a pretty good CAD signal to our north

Jeff Eric....did you see the winds for thurs? that i borderline near blizzard conditions implied by heavy accumulation and gusts to 30

I do like to see the word "blustery" included with "snow". I'll be in Portland working, where the wind will be even greater (forecast says gusts to 37), but there is a likelihood of changeover right at the coast edge.

I do like to see the word "blustery" included with "snow". I'll be in Portland working, where the wind will be even greater (forecast says gusts to 37), but there is a likelihood of changeover right at the coast edge.

verbatim, Portland and just inland will experience near blizzard conditions before the changeover. that is pretty awesome.

Pretty awesome until I'm driving in it! :lol: We'll see how this all shakes out ...

Pull over get out of your car and have a Shawshank Redemption Moment ala Tim Robbinsin the pouring rain when he esapes from prison. Our winter has been sort of like that....crawling through the sewer pipe of **** and (hopefully!!!!) emerging into a heavy snow storm.

Pull over get out of your car and have a Shawshank Redemption Moment ala Tim Robbinsin the pouring rain when he esapes from prison. Our winter has been sort of like that....crawling through the sewer pipe of **** and (hopefully!!!!) emerging into a heavy snow storm.

Interestingly enough, I do drive through Buxton, which is where the money is buried in that movie. Hmmmmm .....

Yeah, I saw that Mark, Could be some fun with whitout conditions possibly, What are you calling for over your way?

at this point it seems like a 4-8 incher is a solid bet. If I was a forecaster advising people like road crews and plow businesses. I'd say 4-8 inches, may fall heavily in the morning with some blowing and drifting and low visibility. Mixing with sleet is possible in the afternoon and evening. Total accumulations likely 4-8 inches with higher amounts possible in areas that receive mostly snow.

Looks like the gradient for significant changeover runs from just south of me near CON due east in S ME...at this point.

Yup, the foothills look to be in the crosshairs. Tamarack should do well. Good deal for the ski resorts and for the handful of weirdos who snowmobile.

Yeah this looking like a good one for that part of ski country as I hear the natural snow terrain at spots like Sunday River and Sugarloaf are struggling... and the Maine foothills do look like ground zero as they usually are in these situations. Should be good for Tamarack, too. I hope you Maine guys get nailed.

Ripping pretty good here all the sudden as these 25-30dbz echos move over head. Should have another good burst here in 10-15 minutes as that cluster of 30-35dbz moves into the mountain.

Yeah this looking like a good one for that part of ski country as I hear the natural snow terrain at spots like Sunday River and Sugarloaf are struggling... and the Maine foothills do look like ground zero as they usually are in these situations. Should be good for Tamarack, too. I hope you Maine guys get nailed.

Ripping pretty good here all the sudden as these 25-30dbz echos move over head. Should have another good burst here in 10-15 minutes as that cluster of 30-35dbz moves into the mountain.

With the way this pattern looks to take shape, You are going to be seeing more days of upslope like you have been seeing over there.... ;)

Old school ETA slams all of us pretty good. I've noticed a few model runs have us all the way back up here in NW New England with solid QPF, too.

f60.gif

f63.gif

f69.gif

You can see by the time the ETA warms up the H85 level, all precip has left the area. Its a quick 6-9 hour thump of 0.5-1.0" pretty much across all of CNE/NNE.

I always loved this model.

Old school ETA slams all of us pretty good. I've noticed a few model runs have us all the way back up here in NW New England with solid QPF, too.

f60.gif

f63.gif

f69.gif

You can see by the time the ETA warms up the H85 level, all precip has left the area. Its a quick 6-9 hour thump of 0.5-1.0" pretty much across all of CNE/NNE.

I always loved this model.

old eta rule is cut the qpf by 1/3...

Archived