SOUTH DAYTON 10.5 330 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

NEW ALBION 10.0 440 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

...CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY...

FREWSBURG 12.0 330 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

CASSADAGA 8.0 330 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

DEWITTVILLE 5.0 330 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

...OSWEGO COUNTY...

LACONA 8.0 300 PM 1/02 TRAINED SPOTTER

I love how C from P encourages snowfall in Jamestown that has 0 ski resorts and his "parents" live there. Yet doesn't want it at his house. Makes a lot of sense...Guy is hilarious...I belong to quite a few blogs, and he is the biggest troll I have ever witnessed. LeeLee pointed out that Pizza thing, I didn't realize that. Stinking Hilarious! :lmao:

I pointed that out Richard...

same here,this thing is moving way too fast lol

I see a band on radar trying to form around Youngstown to Tonawanda. That one looks more N to S orented. Those are the bands that can sit over one area longer. Hopefully when I wake up I'll see no grass at all and snow coming down. Dying to shovel! I shoveled during the Dec 9th-10th event even though there wasn't really enough to shovel. With the warm up coming up after Thursday I'm really wondering if BUF could go for the least snow for the season since moving the observatory to the airport in the early 1940's... I think the least snow at the airport is like 42 or 43" and I could definitly see us breaking that. I do however continue to think Febuary will be the coldest and snowiest month of the winter...

Yeah second coating of the last 24 hours. Maybe .2" ...One last area of squalls might slip down and nip here in the pre-dawn before it all shifts south in the nw flow and eventually nnw flow.

The long range GFS dumps a ton of cold over the pole in a -PNA pattern with some possibility of gradient pattern sw flow events. But the SE ridge is so strong that it could be Quebec that gets the snow events. It's hard to find any real hope for a decent snowstorm this year.

Nothing as exciting as what's happening/going to happen in CNY and western Southern Tier, but a band drifted through out this way, enough to quickly cover everything.

this band over BUF and West Seneca has established a Georgian Bay connection which is noticable on the King City radar. Areas just southwest of Erie, PA are getting pounded right not given the Exeter radar...too bad both BUF and CLE are overshooting the band.

East Aurora has already got a few inches of fluff from that band...

http://www.livestream.com/eastauroranylive

this band over BUF and West Seneca has established a Georgian Bay connection which is noticable on the King City radar. Areas just southwest of Erie, PA are getting pounded right not given the Exeter radar...too bad both BUF and CLE are overshooting the band.

it's starting to strengthen abit on the radar..

The long range GFS dumps a ton of cold over the pole in a -PNA pattern with some possibility of gradient pattern sw flow events. But the SE ridge is so strong that it could be Quebec that gets the snow events. It's hard to find any real hope for a decent snowstorm this year.

New 0z run of the Canadian model hits E NY pretty hard from H132-156, but probably just a fantasy storm...

NWS ALY keeps switching modes. Making me dizzy looking at the loop. ;)

Got a light snow here as this new plume aims down the Mohawk Valley at here. It's headed south though once the winds back more NW. 19.5F now.

NWS BUF randomly switched into regular radar mode from clean air...hopefully it switches back. It gives a better idea of band placement in multi-band arctic fluff events.

Still getting light to at times moderate (20-25 dbz) snow here from these persistent bands carrying over from SYR ...probably slip south of us soon. Quick eyeball estmate 1.5 inches of this fluff. 16F so I decided any measurements can wait until daylight. :)

That Georgian Bay Band is here! Snowing large flakes, doesn't look like much movement! Please stall all night! =)

Still getting light to at times moderate (20-25 dbz) snow here from these persistent bands carrying over from SYR ...probably slip south of us soon. Quick eyeball estmate 1.5 inches of this fluff. 16F so I decided any measurements can wait until daylight. :)

Sounds good. Even woke up to 1/2 inch down in the valley...not much but I'll take anything I can get this year.

Archived