• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Clunkers

HoarfrostHubb

I don't think it was that great for you, but the Dec 23 fleeting juggernaut made that winter for me.

Further north and inland you went, '97-'98 was less horrific. Even BOS picked up over 25" that winter...bad, but not amongst the bottom feeders. We had 54.7" here which is once again bad, but far from the eye stabbers like '94-'95, '88-'89, '79-'80, etc.

Further north and inland you went, '97-'98 was less horrific. Even BOS picked up over 25" that winter...bad, but not amongst the bottom feeders. We had 54.7" here which is once again bad, but far from the eye stabbers like '94-'95, '88-'89, '79-'80, etc.

I was surprised it took an entire page before someone mentioned 1988-89, that year seems to show up in the top 10 snowless of the most cities across the states of MA, CT, RI, NY and NJ of any other winter.

• 1 month later...

I would consider anything here under 50" a clunker or under 30" in BOS....those numbers are at the 70% threshold for average annual snowfall and if I remember correctly, both are pretty close to the 25th percentile for seasonal snowfall.

Seems pretty likely for BOS. If we exceed that number, it will be a nice turnaround that doesn't seem probable.

This one has a chance to beat winter 09-10 here

In terms of amount of snow in a winter, this one has a chance of being the worst since I've been keeping track IMBY if October is excluded. I still would take this over 2009-2010 which absolutely screwed central and western CT to such an anomalous extreme. That was just awful, at least you guys had the retrograde storm.

In terms of amount of snow in a winter, this one has a chance of being the worst since I've been keeping track IMBY if October is excluded. I still would take this over 2009-2010 which absolutely screwed central and western CT to such an anomalous extreme. That was just awful, at least you guys had the retrograde storm.

And that was the storm that led to our demise, Winter ended after that storm up here for the most part..

Archived