Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
2012 Winter Banter Thread

CooL

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Class,color..starting to sound like.......

Social strata commentary with an ethnocentric twist is, even when done well, pretty banal stuff...

Love all the battles on the board. What else are we going to do, count the raindrops?

BTW, don't ever put your county down or pay attention to that Middletown / Orange Cty guy...I lived in Plainview for 23 years and Nassau is a kick ass county for snow...be proud of that 30 inches per year!

Plainview is pretty much Western Suffolk, which IMO is better than most of nassau...

And remember the most important thing....every self respecting, hard core Long Island weather fan hates (either silently or not so silently) N&W of the City...lol

Don Sutherland expects February to be mild. :cry:

Too bad the great patterns never seem to last as long as this lousy one looks like it may. Even last winters fun and games really only lasted six weeks or so. This failure may go 16 weeks if the blowtorch Feb forecasts are correct!

We didnt even see a flake in October here...the eastern LI never switched over during the pre-Halloween storm

they all failed miserable for december and now january from the looks of it, have you not learned anyhting yet? they have no clue, nobody does. give it a rest with following all these bs long range forecasts

In a second he will post the latest musings and wisdom of Steve aka NYNJPADEL and wherever weather......

We didnt even see a flake in October here...the eastern LI never switched over during the pre-Halloween storm

Definitley saw snowflakes over here but zero accumulation...not even on my deck...which is usually 1st to whiten...

And remember the most important thing....every self respecting, hard core Long Island weather fan hates (either silently or not so silently) N&W of the City...lol

Obviously. But not as much as in the 90's, now it seems that generally when we are screwed they are screwed, and when they clean up we do as well, with the exceptions.

For some reason i am not that bummed, because i dont really feel like it is even winter. Its never really cold, no snow piles, nothing. Feels like a non-stop late november

Don Sutherland expects February to be mild. :cry:

When, just now?

Watch the pattern flip back to nor'easters and cold highs in April. Maybe we can sneak out a May snowstorm!!

Seriously though, this winter is just hideous beyond belief. At least we're all sharing in it together vs. one region dominating another. Even 01-02 had a major snow event already for NC/VA and interior NY/PA. State College had 15" from an event on January 6th I think, which is more than any single snow event they've had since 2003!! Although 2/6/10 came close.

Obviously. But not as much as in the 90's, now it seems that generally when we are screwed they are screwed, and when they clean up we do as well, with the exceptions.

For some reason i am not that bummed, because i dont really feel like it is even winter. Its never really cold, no snow piles, nothing. Feels like a non-stop late november

This is the longest fall of my life.

Definitley disappointing...I've only been a weather fan since Dec. 1982 even though I moved to L.I. in 1971...the storm on the 12th...that precipitated the "SnowPlow" game up at Foxboro where Shula fumed was what got me into it....

When, just now?

Watch the pattern flip back to nor'easters and cold highs in April. Maybe we can sneak out a May snowstorm!!

Seriously though, this winter is just hideous beyond belief. At least we're all sharing in it together vs. one region dominating another. Even 01-02 had a major snow event already for NC/VA and interior NY/PA. State College had 15" from an event on January 6th I think, which is more than any single snow event they've had since 2003!! Although 2/6/10 came close.

yes, February 6, 2010 came insanely close from being an NESIS 5 blizzard. it was RIGHT THERE/

Archived