• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
2012 Winter Banter Thread

CooL

but to think we have not contributed and thus increasing Earths natural warming cycle is very ignorant.. thunderdude is obv half a tard if he thinks its just political propaganda.

Exactly my point.

Let me ask what a criminal attorney asks, what is the motive for liberals to argue climate change?? What do they have to gain by pushing this theory? I have never heard of a liberal profiting off of this theory. Its complete bull**** to argue that global warming is political propaganda.

Go watch the movie Religilous by Bill Maher. You will see a good sample of people who cling to irrational beliefs in the face of clear scientific fact.

I expect much better on this Board then to read ridiculous statements that global warming is a political theme. absurd. Go back to watching Hannity.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats bull****. The anti-global warming campaign is the biggest political theme and an attempt by the right wing to push back at the "liberal" (rational/realistic) movement to protect the environment. Right wing hates any limit on their ability to live as they want to, semi-automatic guns, massive pollution, etc...Except when it comes to things they do not want to do, such as abortions and drugs, that they try and control. The hypocrisy is insane.

Drill baby drill!

Sure, the earth has gone through periodic warming and cooling cycles, but the correlation between the recent spike in CO2 emmisions, the correllated increase in the global CO2 readings and the global temperature increase is statistically significant.

20s6h52.jpg

Any rational, clear headed individual without a motive or an ideology can look at the facts and see the truth. If A then B. If B then C. Then, if A, then C. But the right wingers love to say, but wait, just because A then B, and B then C, there's no proof that A-->C. Maybe something else has caused C...yes maybe something else has contributed, BUT if A causes B, and B causes C, then it is indisputed that A in some effect causes C.

Any other conclusion goes against the simplest logical analysis.

good stuff......with your thoughts and soccer passion (and the occassional bong rip), your like my bff I never formally met. lol

Thats bull****. The anti-global warming campaign is the biggest political theme and an attempt by the right wing to push back at the "liberal" (rational/realistic) movement to protect the environment. Right wing hates any limit on their ability to live as they want to, semi-automatic guns, massive pollution, etc...Except when it comes to things they do not want to do, such as abortions and drugs, that they try and control. The hypocrisy is insane.

Drill baby drill!

Sure, the earth has gone through periodic warming and cooling cycles, but the correlation between the recent spike in CO2 emmisions, the correllated increase in the global CO2 readings and the global temperature increase is statistically significant.

20s6h52.jpg

Any rational, clear headed individual without a motive or an ideology can look at the facts and see the truth. If A then B. If B then C. Then, if A, then C. But the right wingers love to say, but wait, just because A then B, and B then C, there's no proof that A-->C. Maybe something else has caused C...yes maybe something else has contributed, BUT if A causes B, and B causes C, then it is indisputed that A in some effect causes C.

Any other conclusion goes against the simplest logical analysis.

Go to the climate forum.

Global warming the way they portrait it though its like so dire and alarming that you think that world is gonna have no ozone soon. A recent study from nasa shown with satellite evidence forgot the link though showed that the "hole" in the ozone is nowhere near as big as once showed. The people presenting this problem seem to be blowing way out of proportion and sounding so alarming

Exactly my point.

Let me ask what a criminal attorney asks, what is the motive for liberals to argue climate change?? What do they have to gain by pushing this theory? I have never heard of a liberal profiting off of this theory. Its complete bull**** to argue that global warming is political propaganda.

Go watch the movie Religilous by Bill Maher. You will see a good sample of people who cling to irrational beliefs in the face of clear scientific fact.

I expect much better on this Board then to read ridiculous statements that global warming is a political theme. absurd. Go back to watching Hannity.

i think the movie should be a mandatory academic curriculum for young minds....oh how much more common sense would Americans have. lol

at any rate, its hard to push atheism in this country....we are all about worshiping a higher being while hating others and spilling blood for it.

When is this pattern going to change? The AO and NAO are positive close to 70 days already. It is near the peak.

Well lets take JBs latest flip that another one is just beginning..Todays Date is Jan 11th so then factor in anywhere from 2-3 weeks to down well (if that occurs) and you are talking about February...and that would be "IF IF IF" it down wells and as you can see by this most recent...they do not always down well...

Global warming the way they portrait it though its like so dire and alarming that you think that world is gonna have no ozone soon. A recent study from nasa shown with satellite evidence forgot the link though showed that the "hole" in the ozone is nowhere near as big as once showed. The people presenting this problem seem to be blowing way out of proportion and sounding so alarming

Yea...you do know the ozone layer has nothing at all to do with global warming right? I believe the reason Antarctica has not warmed as much as the Arctic is due to the huge gap in the ozone layer down there...

http://rt.com/news/c...one-layer-hole/

Reading can sometimes be helpful before formulating opinions from thin air.

Well lets take JBs latest flip that another one is just beginning..Todays Date is Jan 11th so then factor in anywhere from 2-3 weeks to down well (if that occurs) and you are talking about February...and that would be "IF IF IF" it down wells and as you can see by this most recent...they do not always down well...

the problem with that is JB is making a forecast based on a forecast (in this case a forecast for downwelling)...often that is a recipe for trouble-he's just getting onto the end of January torch now b/c he missed the signs focusing solely on the first pattern "change" (which isn't really a change-it's a 3-5 blip and then back to the torch)

+1 The people in there can use another to argue with.

The reason i wont go there is because i am not a "certified" met. It would be like a non lawyer arguing law with a lawyer, when that lawyer may 100% wrong, the non-lawyer will get schooled because of the lawyer's general knowledge of the law itself. That bad lawyer may misapply the law and be totally incorrect, like climate skeptics, but a non-met like me should not step foot into a more advanced debate.

I am done, my apologies.

the problem with that is JB is making a forecast based on a forecast (in this case a forecast for downwelling)...often that is a recipe for trouble-he's just getting onto the end of January torch now b/c he missed the signs focusing solely on the first pattern "change" (which isn't really a change-it's a 3-5 blip and then back to the torch)

I agree 100% I have been steadfastly forecasting that there is no pattern change..

Transitional cold shots to moderation...to transitional cold shots to moderation...

I been on the train of no down welling is occurring and we are going to continue to average overall warmer then normal...

I been bashed for it..but to me persistence to the pattern is key and the teleconnections (outside the GFS/GFS means for awhile) were not suggesting a favorable pattern change..

The reason i wont go there is because i am not a "certified" met. It would be like a non lawyer arguing law with a lawyer, when that lawyer may 100% wrong, the non-lawyer will get schooled because of the lawyer's general knowledge of the law itself. That bad lawyer may misapply the law and be totally incorrect, like climate skeptics, but a non-met like me should not step foot into a more advanced debate.

I am done, my apologies.

There are very few mets that post in there.

In 01-02 he was about the only one going warm from the start and never once wavered. He also was in 2003 in Nov/Dec, he wound up being wrong there though.

that was a good call then--I don't think I had heard of him back then...just remember DT and JB calling for a historic winter that year...it was historic all right...

Archived