Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Metro Amateur Forecaster of the Year

TheTrials

NYC Metro Amateur Forecaster of the Year  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best nyc amateur forecaster in 2011?

• Isotherm (Nominated for long term prediction and research on blocking)
    • Bluewave (Nominated for severe call 12/22/11)
    • thetrials (Nominated for absolutely nailing 1/27/11 and 10/31/11)
    • Earthlight (Nominated for summer heat forecast)
    • Litchfield Libations (Nominated for his non-stop calls for an endless summer)
    • Nzucker (Nominated for nailing 1/27/11)
    • AG3 (Nominted for the February 2011 snow event)

I thought it would be cool to have something fun to end the year with especially in light of how bad the pattern is. Like the Oscars, each candidate was nominated by a secret committee for a particular performance.

Red-taggers are excluded because, as the title says, amateur forecasters only. I will accept write in votes but the vote has to specifically reference what the accomplishment(s) was/were, this way metfan doesnt have all his accuweather weenies write in his name. Also, if I win, the second place person gets the full prize, even though I will forever be known as the 2011 champion. I have no vote.

Voting ends 12/31/11 11:59pm

Enjoy!

EDIT #1: I should also point out since the voting doesn't end until the end of the year, someone not on this list has the opportunity to nail an event/forecast and get written in.

EDIT #2: No ties. If there is a tie between two people I will break it with a vote.

I think Bluewave would win the most under rated poster if there was such a poll. Consistently creates threads with an unbelievable amount of historical data being used effectively to forecast meteorology. Tremendously knowledgable.

Not underated in my book, which is why he was nominated by the secret committee

I think Bluewave would win the most under rated poster if there was such a poll. Consistently creates threads with an unbelievable amount of historical data being used effectively to forecast meteorology. Tremendously knowledgable.

Not underated in my book, which is why he was nominated by the secret committee

Thanks so much for the very kind words. You guys are tops with all your great forecasting and analysis work also.

In addition to all the other talent already listed in the first post of nominations, I would nominate Uncle W, SACRUS

and Don to the list. All the great members, meteorologists, moderators, and administrators make this the

top weather forum in the world in my book.

Thanks so much for the very kind words. You guys are tops with all your great forecasting and analysis work also.

In addition to all the other talent already listed in the first post of nominations, I would nominate Uncle W, SACRUS

and Don to the list. All the great members, meteorologists, moderators, and administrators make this the

Agree. I should be taken off the list and sacrus, unclew and Don S. should be on that list.

Agree. I should be taken off the list and sacrus,unlcew and Don S. should be on that list.

write them in but you must point to a specific forecast or accomplishment.

several good candidates on there....Bluewave gets my vote for the best "hidden" call of the year....the other events were on the radar for some time before they happened--did not see a severe threat for 12/21 mentioned anywhere.

That's why I voted for him too. He picks on things people don't look at too much. He's been doing this for several years now. It was very close with Isotherm though. Not many predicted that -NAO would dominate last winter.

Lol, good Poll. But, who starts an amateur forecaster thread and then nominates themselves as a potential winner?

I voted for Earthlight, clearly the best of the lot on a day to day and storm to storm basis IMO.

I can't win and wanted to make people laugh. Why not. Plus I did nail those two and wanted a pat on the back.

Nzucker, Trials, and Snowgoose were all over 1/27/11. They were the only ones barking while the rest of us watched, but doubted the storm. Over the past year i think that call was the best out of the bunch simply because of the fragile, explosive, and unpredictable pattern. That storm broke the epic month of winter we had last year.

Archived