• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Boxing Day Miracle 2011 - Models Hinting at potential

Logan11

18z gfs gives me .4" qpf but its rain-->rain/snow mix-->snow, and the snow falls at 35F or so so not sure I would get more then some slop despite it being juiced.

And lol @ Pete Bruchard..he mentioned why he was confident in a solution of 6+ west of ORH...2-4 around ORH/495...and rain at the coast for a rough estimate. He mentioned that the reason he was so confident 5 days out is for the past 2 days the models have shown the same thing...and so he gained confidence. Not sure what he is smoking...lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you do it with the mouse wheel?

I'm not sure. I use a laptop so started with the arrows. I put it on my docking station during the day, but never tried it with the mouse.

Meanwhile, I was disappointed to read this:

CURRENT THINKING IS GUIDANCE IS TOO ROBUST WITH

QPF ACROSS THE REGION WITH THIS FEATURE AND THERE WILL LIKELY BE A

SHARP QPF GRADIENT SOMEWHERE OVER THE REGION. THIS IS DIFFICULT TO

NAIL DOWN THIS FAR OUT...

I think I know where, and it ain't pretty. :)

Initally, i hated this one. But I changed my tune when I learned I could use the arrows to advance a "stopped" loop.

29.0/11

Me too...I've learned to like the NCEP page because of the looping abilities.

I just went on the NCEP site, Although you can use the arrows, You can't toggle their maps by using the mouse wheel like you can on SV which i think is more preferable

I'm not sure. I use a laptop so started with the arrows. I put it on my docking station during the day, but never tried it with the mouse.

Meanwhile, I was disappointed to read this:

CURRENT THINKING IS GUIDANCE IS TOO ROBUST WITH

QPF ACROSS THE REGION WITH THIS FEATURE AND THERE WILL LIKELY BE A

SHARP QPF GRADIENT SOMEWHERE OVER THE REGION. THIS IS DIFFICULT TO

NAIL DOWN THIS FAR OUT...

I think I know where, and it ain't pretty. :)

They had mentioned the shelburne area, Glad i don't live there

I think you may want to wait on the GFS a few more runs as its in its lost in space mode right now, The Euro has some support from the GGEM

Key word......starting.

Besides if the king is correct in holding back that energy and there is a storm nothing stopping it from cutting west, nothing at all.

Hopefully we all pull out a miracle and get some snow friday and mood flakes sat, then sunny and chilly xmas, the thought of rain on xmas is brutal.

Key word......starting.

Besides if the king is correct in holding back that energy and there is a storm nothing stopping it from cutting west, nothing at all.

Hopefully we all pull out a miracle and get some snow friday and mood flakes sat, then sunny and chilly xmas, the thought of rain on xmas is brutal.

You must hate living where you do......:)

Playing catch up...confusing thread.

So there is a rain event on tap for tomorrow night, then some light-mod snow maybe on Thursday night/Friday, then a little snow maybe on Saturday, and possibly a big storm sunday night/monday? The Euro has the big storm for 3 or 4 runs in a row,with support from the GGEM and the GFS has nothing. Hmmmm...at what point tomorrow does the GFS get on board?

Damn nice to have something(s) to track.

Key word......starting.

Well, I would not be totally shocked if the friday event ends up being "The" only one, As it seems to be trending stronger and further NW each run on most of the models, Had mentioned it the other day when the models were showing 3 lows, There is not a lot of spacing between all of them so they seem to be keying on different pieces which probably won't get sorted out for a few more runs, Its just hard to belive any scenario the GFS has as its pretty much been on an island this whole season

Key word......starting.

I'm worried about a cutter too...no blocking and a high that is trucking it away from New England... either way whatever happens the storm or no storm will be progressive. Before the GFS lost the storm it was similar to the EC and GGEM bringing warm moist air well inland to almost central NY.

So there is a rain event on tap for tomorrow night, then some light-mod snow maybe on Thursday night/Friday, then a little snow maybe on Saturday, and possibly a big storm sunday night/monday? The Euro has the big storm for 3 or 4 runs in a row,with support from the GGEM and the GFS has nothing. Hmmmm...at what point tomorrow does the GFS get on board?

Quite simple Mark, Rain tomorow, Possible snow friday and christmas day........lol

Before the GFS lost the storm today, remember that it had a plowable snow for most of New England esp north of RT 2 for the past couple of days. Some data got into it and all the sudden poof it's gone.

I assume a lot of our tax dollars have gone into the many many upgrades of the MRF -> GFS and yet it stll can't even hold a candle to the ECWF model most of the time. I sometimes think it's sort of typical of a government program (sacred cow) that nobody would ever want to let go of. Why not scrap the whole thing and get some programmers to make a whole new model...

Before the GFS lost the storm today, remember that it had a plowable snow for most of New England esp north of RT 2 for the past couple of days. Some data got into it and all the sudden poof it's gone.

NCEP is out to ruin your dreams tip! They know what you want and make sure you don't get it haha ;)

Nah, not for me ... I was making fun of all the model hugging and living and dying, yo-yoing relentlessly with every tedious detail across successive runs.

New Year's eve bomb

One of my unfulfilled weenie dreams is to see a crippling blizzard strike NYC for the midnight ball drop on NYE. I realize it probably would mean I am too far northwest for the best here, but I'd still love to see it.

lol @ the day 10 bomb on the gfs...widespread 8-16" for everyone.

What an end to 2011 that would be lol.

Archived