northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Thursday Wintry Threat II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the trace as a better option, but I would not be surprise if Boston areas hits a quick burst of snow of up to 1/2" of snow, but temps hold just above freezing through the time frame.

What is the bet...measurable at BOS before 1/1?

I think BOS is 40/60 for measurable tonight. I still favor no, but its going to be close. They could easily rip out 1.5" if it goes right, but also could in more scenarios get a trace of 34F wet snow.

08Z SmartCast is starting to shift the heaviest accumulations up into Maine areas. Caribou is the highest threat with potential of 8" of snow accumulations through 18Z, with 9-13Z with the heaviest snow period of up to 1.9" per hour. Other areas include Houlton will receive around 5". Still showing across the VT and NY areas of areas picking up an additional 1-2" for the next few hours. Another side note I have the winds across the JFK area continuing to about 09Z, then trending downward. New push of data uploaded http://smartwxmodel.net

Very expansive area of 55-60 kt winds sampled by the OKX 88D, descending from around 2500 to 500 feet. Stinger developing nicely.

That is our hope here....and probably up there too for the SE areas....Not convinced it will be great, but trying to stay optimistic.

I want to see the snow line really rip SE in the next hour or so.

the perverbial kitchen sink right now every type of precip imaginable, doubt we go over to plain snow but fun nevertheless.........MAN look at okx radar from sw ct over the sound and over longisland and south of there that is awesome stuff hope it rotates northeast

Wow, just had a RIDICULOUS wind gust, with a nasty sustained wind for like 5 minutes. I want to say Irene like, possibly stronger winds. Sure as hell woke me up.

39.1/ heavy wind driven rain.

The wind signature is really impressive. And the latest (04z) HRRR is increasing 10 m wind gusts for MTP eastward to the Cape and Islands (if you believe the magnitudes 60+ kt).

Archived